yltan

Reaction score
Right I'm halfway through the first season and a week before the January transfer window arrives. I'm sitting at the top of the table, unbeaten so far with only wins and draws. I have already agreed a deal to sign Dzagoev in January and apart from that, I need some suggestions on anyone else to sign (or who to sell) in January or at the end of the first season.

I play a 3-5-2 formation with 2 wingbacks, 3 centre backs, 3 centre mids and 2 strikers. This is my current team.

Goalkeepers:
Pepe Reina
Brad Jones

Wingbacks:
Glen Johnson
Martin Kelly
David Alaba
Jose Enrique

Centre Backs:
Martin Skrtel
Daniel Agger
Kyriakos Papadopoulos
Sebestian Coates
Jamie Carragher
Danny Wilson

Centre Mids:
Joe Allen
Lucas
Steven Gerrard
Nuri Sahin
Jonjo Shelvey
Suso
Jordan Henderson
Alan Dzagoev (signing in Jan)

Strikers:
Luis Suarez
Demba Ba
Fabio Borini
Ademilson

Lucas and Allen play in the centre of my three man midfield as deep lying playmakers, while the others function more as box to box midfielders.
As I don't play with wingers, I intend to use the likes of Sterling, Ibe, Sinclair (the wingers) as strikers.
Cole and Carroll are out on loan, while I intend to loan out Assaidi as well as he wants first team football.

So who do you think I should sign/sell in Jan/upcoming summer transfer window? Currently I have a 30 million budget for the Jan window, but I think this budget will be increased when I win the title.

Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:
invest in some youth, maybe go for inigo martinez who suits a back 3, inigo would be great as you LCB, also put his long shots to often, he's left footed has a bit of pace, good positioning, just improve his jumping and strength, put him on physical training if you get him, get a young right wing back schelotto maybe (retrained), sign a playmaker who can step in for gerrard, cabaye is good, toni kroos is amazing...

invest in some youth, maybe go for inigo martinez who suits a back 3, inigo would be great as you LCB, also put his long shots to often, he's left footed has a bit of pace, good positioning, just improve his jumping and strength, put him on physical training if you get him, get a young right wing back schelotto maybe (retrained), sign a playmaker who can step in for gerrard, cabaye is good, toni kroos is amazing...

If I'm not wrong Schelotto is transfer listed so I may be able to get him for cheap. However I already have Johnson (who's been really beast for me so far) and Kelly saw well as the likes of Flanagan and McLaughin. Do I still need him? Cabeye is transfer listed as well but I have like 8 centre midfielders for 3 midfield spots. I'm keen on getting him though I think he will cost like 17 million and I don't know who to get rid of now. Hendo's been performing quite well for me so far.

If I'm not wrong Schelotto is transfer listed so I may be able to get him for cheap. However I already have Johnson (who's been really beast for me so far) and Kelly saw well as the likes of Flanagan and McLaughin. Do I still need him? Cabeye is transfer listed as well but I have like 8 centre midfielders for 3 midfield spots. I'm keen on getting him though I think he will cost like 17 million and I don't know who to get rid of now. Hendo's been performing quite well for me so far.

yeah i forgot you signed dzagoev aswell, you're team is pretty good for quality and depth, schelotto was a target for me when i was napoli playing with a 3412, he was playing really well at atalanta, if he's cheap then go for him, i've never used cabaye but some people rave about him, you do have fairly similar players to him already though... just buy the best young players around i guess.