Crazyfudge

Reaction score
Ok so im playing a save with arsenal and im a couple of seasons in and the Ox is progressing very well and he has a 4 and a half star potential rating and then suddenly out of the blue his potential goes down to 3 stars and im forced to sell him at 23 because hes only 2 and a half stars.
Has this happend to anyone else

Massive injuries can do this.

Not playing him and giving him first-team time can severely impede his development and cause him to stagnate.

Buying a lot of players than are better than him can also cause his rating to do down, as your coaching team no longer rate him as highly, although usually wouldn't be such a huge drop.

Also if he's still doing well and his stats are suited to his role, there's no need to sell him. That's silly.

I would fully understand the injurys. but i made sure not to burn the Ox out and give him games and thats what i was doing. i did buy players of course i did but such a sudden drop forced me to sell him because he wasnt performing. i gave him a chance even with his 2 and a half star rating

by 21 or so you could probably have started making him start most games. How many games was he playing?

I would fully understand the injurys. but i made sure not to burn the Ox out and give him games and thats what i was doing. i did buy players of course i did but such a sudden drop forced me to sell him because he wasnt performing. i gave him a chance even with his 2 and a half star rating

That's why his star rating has gone down, you bought players, most likely better than you had before. Potential Ability is a static attribute, it cannot change. Star ratings can however. If you have a striker in your first team who is not that good, your young strikers will have a higher potential star rating, as they can more easily surpass that striker. If that striker is Messi, the star rating of your youngsters will not be as high.