Pow Right in the Kisser 2013: 4-3-3 for everyone

Harriers09

Reaction score
Pow Right in the Kisser 2013

254303d1340241084-pow-right-kisser-2012-4-3-3-tactic-pow-right-kisser.png

Prologue

Having trouble finding a tactic the will work for any team? Always wanted to play good, attacking, exciting football at all levels but never found the right tactic? Read on....

Pow Right in the Kisser 2013 is the third in the running series of Pow Right in the Kisser tactics following the successes of the 2011 and 2012 versions (http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...cs-training/69922-4-4-2-pow-right-kisser.html http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...01377-pow-right-kisser-2012-4-3-3-tactic.html).

I've had great success with both top quality teams and **** poor teams.

The 4-3-3 remains, but now its versatile!

Note: Please read EVERYTHING below, it really will help

The Formation

View attachment 296166

How Pow Right in the Kisser 2013 was made...

After months of creation (dont have a lotta time on my hands) Pow Right in the Kisser 2013 is ready for release. If you're looking to play short passing quick attacking football, this tactic is for you! Its been tested with both Barcelona, where it was tweaked to what you see today, for 3 seasons and Kidderminster Harriers for two seasons and both bought great success to their respective clubs with no changes.

Individual Training

I see this as a very important part of training and i set individual focus based on which position each playe will play in the formation:

GK: Goalkeeper
DR/L: Fullbacks (Wingbacks if you want them more attacking)
CB: Central Defender
DM: Deep Lying Playmaker
CML: Deep Lying Playmaker/Advanced Playmaker
CMR: Advanced Playmaker
AMR/L: Inside Forward
ST: Advanced Forward (Complete Forward if he's awesome)

Heres an example:

View attachment 296167

Team Training

I normally set my team to this in pre-season and use it until it is fluid or the season starts:

View attachment 296168

One the season has started I reduced the intensity to 'High'.

Then when either the tactic is fully fluid in all areas or there starts to become lots mid-week games, i reduce it to 'Average'

I have never started using this tactic half way through a season so wouldnt know how to set the match prep up for that.

Opposition Instructions

I've never used them

Shouts

I never use any

Pitch Size

I always go for the average pitch size, havent tried any others

Working Examples of the tactic

Barcelona

With Barcelona I won numerous titles and cups while creating the tactic over 3 seasons, but the 2015/16 season is the season i settled on this version of the tactic.

Here my match results from the last season

View attachment 296185View attachment 296186View attachment 296187View attachment 296188

A
s you can see, I won everything on offer and only lost 3 games the entire season in all competitions with an average squad age of just 23.

And here is the league table

View attachment 296189

And here are some match stats

View attachment 296190View attachment 296191View attachment 296192View attachment 296193View attachment 296194View attachment 296195View attachment 296196View attachment 296197View attachment 296198View attachment 296199View attachment 296200View attachment 296201

Kidderminster Harriers

One season with Kidderminster Harriers bought me the Blue Square Premier ***le and FA Trophy double.

1st Season

Results:

View attachment 296169View attachment 296170View attachment 296171View attachment 296172

League Table:

View attachment 296173

Example Matches:

View attachment 296174View attachment 296175View attachment 296176View attachment 296177View attachment 296178View attachment 296179View attachment 296180View attachment 296181View attachment 296182View attachment 296183View attachment 296184

2nd season

Consecutive promotions with the team winning League 2

Table:

View attachment 297293

Results:

View attachment 297294View attachment 297295View attachment 297296

Onwards:

Won the Champions League after 10 season with The Harriers. From Blue Square Premier to European Champions in 10 years isnt bad going!

Independant Testimony

Stitty7:

"I tried making my own and downloading others too. When i was downloading this one i thought to myself if this doesnt work I wont be playing FM again until the next patch. You have made the game enjoyable for me again"

Maverick0716

"great tactic! tried many others, but none of them really worked, until yours came out. game looks fluid and, as i prefer it, i am always in control."

Bellynufc

"top notch so far started using this in man u match as you can see unbeaten so farhas taken me to top great tactic"

khas

"very good tactic!best for FM2013!!!Thank you Harriers!"

wanderer89

"All in all, a really good tactic, especially attacking wise, I only really lost those games towards the end because they were teams I wasn't expected to beat, defence could do with being improved, but that's probably down to my naff defence though tbh! In fact I'm doing that well in the league, I'm currently sitting in 6th after 15 games! Chelsea have just offered me the job too!"

suoda

"Thanks for this incredible tactic, Harriers09. In my first season as Carlisle United in League One, I secured promotion to the Championship with no transfer budget and a small wage bill. Finally, a perfect 4-3-3 that guarantees free-flowing football. This tactic works against weaker and stronger teams as long as you get your team talk right."

EP1985

"Prediction: 18th. I can only derive from this that it's a fine tactic!"

kaiserf

"Thank you for this wonderful tactic.

I started an FM Classic game with St. Pauli and struggled tactically for the first two years with various 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 formations of my own design finishing 4th and 10th with squads that had been tipped for promotion. I switched to this tactic a few games into my third season and ended up getting promoted in second place with a squad that had a media prediction of sixth at the start of the season. I went 19-7-7 to finish with 67 points and a goal differential of +38(!), two off of Cologne at the top with 69 and a +32 GD and 3 points ahead of a just relegated Werder Bremen.

My first year in the Bundesliga went well, with the team finishing 13th on 41 pts (-3 GD), 10 points ahead of 16th placed Cologne who went into the relegation play-out. I'm currently sitting in 5th at the winter break of the 2016/17 season.

While I think I made a few great signings to get where I am, I really owe the tactic as being confident in it allowed me to concentrate on scouting and signing good players. The things that improved my success the most were finding a DMC who was basically a very athletic DC and grabbing players who had high mental stats. If anyone plans to switch to it, I would also suggest doing it during the close season, as when I first switched to I had a run of 7 games without a win that almost saw me fired."

markkav

"
Latest Patch 13.2.3. 2015/16 season with Ajax won every game in league, Euro Super Cup vrs Real Madrid who where 3 times in a row winners of the champions league, Domestic Cup, and the Champions League vrs Man Utd. I have not changed anything and was unbeaten in all comps only drawing in the champions league 5 times 4 where away.

Goals From Champions League Final...

Man Utd 1-2 Ajax - Match Highlights - YouTube

Goals from Euro Super Cup Final...

R. Madrid 0-2 Ajax - Match Highlights - YouTube

riotfire

"I'm using this tactic with my FC Copenhagen team, and it's probably the best one I've used on FM '13 as far as consistency goes. Very solid at the back, won the league by over 25 points and only conceded 10 goals all season. Got to the Quarter Finals of the Europa League, which is quite an achievement with a team with very little resources and average players when it comes to Europe.

I'm about 7 games into my second season, bought in a few players and I'm top of the league by 5 points, however it's starting to feel like the opposition is getting used to the style of play, and I'm struggling to keep clean sheets and often find myself scraping victories against mediocre opponents. I'm wondering if there's any tweaks that might help steady the ship a little bit? Or maybe just a change in match prep? I've tried different match preparations, but none of them really change anything. Overall though, a very good tactic that probably isn't getting the praise it deserves. Far better than anything else I've tried on here."

morimech

"Registered just to post in this thread. I have used this tactic with my Dag & Red save and have gotten them from League 2 to Championship in 3 seasons. Great tactic. I did make a variant of the this tactic for playing matches I really had no business winning or to change things up that was counter-attacking that seemed to do alright. One fundamental change I did make that made a huge difference in the lower leagues was changing the IF instruction from "Cut Inside" to "Move into Channels". Seems the IF's can make it to the end line much easier instead of running into a bunch of defenders at the edge of the box. This allows them to put crosses to the other IF or striker and easy goals. The first match out one of my forwards easily scored a hat-trick.

Now that I am at Championship level, I have reached at dead-end. Just cannot score. But I want to think that is just the game ******** me over as I have plenty of chances. Seems the opposition goalkeeper gets man of the match most of the time. Thankfully my defense is sound so there have been a lot of 0-0 results."

Created on Version 13.1 on the full FM game, not classic

Tested on Version 13.2.1 (Barcelona and Kidderminster Harriers examples as above) on the full FM game, not classic

Works on Version 13.3.2

I will post feedback in the OP as testimonials Please do get back to me. Hope to hear from you soon.

Any problems/questions, feel free to ask and I'll get back to you ASAP

Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?etl275c5al0ha1y

Updated Link for patch 13.3.2(wingers swap sides and striker is more advanced): http://www.mediafire.com/?twkei33rds0p1bi

These are very minor changes but in order to have the wingers swap side affectively you need to train your wingers to be able to play on both sides. If you do not wannt to or cannot do this, set the individual instructions of the wingers so that they do not swap side. It WILL NOT be detrimetal to the tactic, it's just a persoal preference

Final Version (13.3.3)

This is the final version of the tactic i will be releasing. Not much has changed but it's ongoing development has lead me to this final version on the final patch...13.3.3

Testing:

Fluminense

The first season wasnt the best season I've ever had but the team had to start learning the season halfway through the season. But by the time the 2nd season started (Jan '13) it was fluid and these were the results:

View attachment 334320View attachment 334321View attachment 334322View attachment 334323View attachment 334324

As you can see i won the Brazilian League (which is extremely open, about 8 teams are good enough to win it) and the Copa Libertadores (South American Champions League), and winning the Rio State Championship at the start of the next season.

I have just moved from Fluminense to Dortmund and the start of the season looks like this:

View attachment 334325

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?6a9t2dy34tfutfs

Last edited:
hi mate! do you change strategy when playing stronger teams away?

edit: dumb question! player mentalities aren't default :p

Not working for me properly. Just lost 3-1 vs shrewsbury as Sheffield United

Harriers09:

Im about to try your tactic atm, but until wich level should i keep the striker as Adv. Forward and when should i change to Complete support? :)

cheers

Would that work on normal football manager or just classic?

Harriers09:

Im about to try your tactic atm, but until wich level should i keep the striker as Adv. Forward and when should i change to Complete support? :)

cheers

the advanved forward/complete forward thing is only for his individual training, not to change in the tactic itself

But if you're asking when should you change his individual training to complete forward, then i'd say only if he's world class

Would that work on normal football manager or just classic?

this is created in normal football manager, i just use the classic skin because it looks nice.

Havent tried it in classic mode but i wouldnt see any problems with it

hi mate! do you change strategy when playing stronger teams away?

edit: dumb question! player mentalities aren't default :p

yes as you said the mentailities are all default, but I never change tactic anyway whether im playing strong or weak teams

the advanved forward/complete forward thing is only for his individual training, not to change in the tactic itself

But if you're asking when should you change his individual training to complete forward, then i'd say only if he's world class

Ok, so stick with complete support in tactic all time? But train him on Adv. Forward? :)
Im Bristol City btw !

thanks

yea thats the one. Hows it going?

Cheers!
Just about to play my first friendly against West Brom! Will come back after a 10-15 games with some feedback :)
Only signing so far is Ferrie Bodde. Do you have any good way to sale players in a efficient way?

Edit:
What is the most important stat for the striker as he is complete? Speed or tall, strong player? Hard to find a Ibra-type when playing as Bristol! ;) Btw, won against Brom, 1-0 with their regular team! :)

great

Last edited:
Gonna test this out now, I used a 451 (433) tactic i did in my first go and got Palace promoted to the Prem, so trying this to see if i match it :)

Cheers!
Just about to play my first friendly against West Brom! Will come back after a 10-15 games with some feedback :)
Only signing so far is Ferrie Bodde. Do you have any good way to sale players in a efficient way?

Edit:
What is the most important stat for the striker as he is complete? Speed or tall, strong player? Hard to find a Ibra-type when playing as Bristol! ;) Btw, won against Brom, 1-0 with their regular team! :)

great

Havnt really found an efficient way to sell players at that level, making money is hard without good cup runs. With Kidderminster Harriers i stuck with their squad and just bought in some loan players to fill in the gaps. Offered a few players out but only really got their value for them, nothing more.

For the striker, he need to be good at finishing, heading, composure and off the ball. Good levels of workrate, pace, composure and passing would also be plus's. I know its hard to compare through divisions but this is the striker i playered as my first team regular and he ended up as the league's top scorer:

View attachment 296513

Gonna test this out now, I used a 451 (433) tactic i did in my first go and got Palace promoted to the Prem, so trying this to see if i match it :)

Ok cheers mate, let me know how you get on. Who are you trying it with?