nijak04

Reaction score
Hey was just wondering if you wold recommend teaching an advanced playmaker on one of the wings the same ppm's as if he was playing in the middle?

I have retrained Pastore as AML and play him as an adv.playmaker (wideplay ticked to cut inside). He is actually doing immense for me there both scoring and assisting quite alot.

PPM already learned is the obvious: look for killer pass
would he benefit from: come deep to get ball when he is playing out wide. and maybe "dribles through center"? - just wondering if this would take him away from the wing to much?

what would you guys recommend?

dictates tempo, switches ball to other flank,

to add to what Mike has suggested: (ditcates tempo would be for a more Deep Lying playmaker who sits in the gap and sprays passes like Pirlo or someone like Scholes who does not run with the ball much but looks at bringing everyone into play)

1) run with ball often (he is great with the ball at his feet)
2) moves into channels (as you have him cutting inside, the PPM will ensure he drifts around creating space for others to pass to him)
3) comes deep to get ball (as you suggested, or set his run from deep slider to never, sort of the same thing really)

Hi guys. Thanks

His run with ball slider is set to often - wont that have the same effect as "runs with ball often"?

How would a slider setting of run from deep sometimes mix with comes deep to get ball?

As he cuts inside, if i tell him to dribble through the middle would that take him away from the wings more because i dont know if i want that?

it is the same thing (just reinforces him to run with the ball more often though)

it would be beneficial, it would make him not drop all the time to receive the ball, sometimes the oppurtunity may arise from a mistake in the centre and instead of him making the forward run to capitilize, he may drop back for a short pass from the Cm and you lose your oppurtunity...

yes it would detract him from the wing, however, it is a good idea (I mentioned it on another post yesterday certain PPM's to get a player to do exactly that)

yes it would detract him from the wing, however, it is a good idea (I mentioned it on another post yesterday certain PPM's to get a player to do exactly that)

Would it be a good idea for a playmaker or is it more for the inside forward type of player? playing a 4-2-4 I have 2 CM one an supporting playmaker (another a defensive BWM) an AMR - IF and also to strikers up top were one is a trequartista so im worried that the midle of the park would become congested...