hetacz

Reaction score
Is there any up to date, detailed guide about ppms, except maybe this Player Preferred Moves | Football Manager 2016 Guide that would break down positions and roles and suggest suitable ppms for every player role?

For example: When you play guy as Anchor Man, PPM A and B is useful for him but PPM C is bad.
On the other hand when you play him as DLP you want to use PPM A and C but not B and D.

Also i want information about attribute requirements, for example I recall reading somewhere that if your striker have arrtibutes X Y and Z teach him to place shots, but if he lacks Y tell him to shoot with power.

I ask about this because my current knowledge about PPMs is that you dont have to learn CBs about placing shots and you want IFs to cut inside and wingers to dribble down left/right :(

In real-life football every player has a different character. It's the same here, you dont have to restrictly train your player ppm depends on their position. You can train them just what you want from them and what could work perfectly with your tactic. But, you have to check their attributes first before give then ppm training. Like you can give them Tries Killer Ball Often if they have good Passing and Vision. It's all up to you, as the manager you know what you need from your players.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

you train PPMs that matches the style of football you want your team to play.
find players who have the right stats for the football you want to play, and the PPMs you ask them to teach will come naturally.

Having a playmaker shoot from distance all the time is not the best idea if you want to play like Arsenal. Then you'd want 10 men with "look for pass rather than to shoot"

Actually I know nothing about football tactics. What I mean is I dont really know what killer ball is and how cutting inside is suppose to work and how it looks like.

I happen to play this tactic: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-16-tactics/357593-tribute-ferenc-puskas.html version 5, so it utilizes

GK - Sweeper Keeper Support
DCL DCR - Central Defender Defend
DL DR - Wing back Attack
MCL MCR - Central Midfielder Support (one is more defensive another one is more attacking)
AML AMR - Inside Forward Support
AMC - Attacking Midfielder Attack
STC - Deep Lying Forward Attack

I would like to know what PPMs should I teach players who play these positions.

From what is see I play possesion football with hard tackling, narrow formation and every player has "shoot less often" instruction, even striker

Play short simple passes and play one-twos suit that formation. Dictates Tempo for one of your central midfielder

so which guys should be trained these PPMs? Can I teach each and every player these two PPMs?
Also Dictates tempo for more defending or more attacking?

What about Killer Ball. And should I train fullbacks to hug line and dribble down flank ?

You can train those two ppm to your striker and and attacking midfield. Short simple passes also useful for your CB. You don't have to give every player a ppm. Like Hugs Line, You can just instruct them on player instruction.

So, whats the purpose of ppms that can be replaced by instructions. For example i know that bullet throw is must have on good throwin taker, but say i have player who is natural on amr and aml and left footed. If i teach him to cut inside it will be obvious i have to play him on right wing. But then again why would i teach him this ppm when i can simply play him on right wing as inside forward and he will cut by default.

From what i see teaching him to cut inside can be made only out of spite when you decide to sell him, so his next manager must unteach him this ppm if he wants to deploy him as winger (not talking it limits my option, should I ever decided to play with wingers instead of IFs)