ViolentLogic

Reaction score
I was under the impression that "slowing down, stopping, or speeding up play" should be a natural part of "Dictates Tempo."

Is stopping play something else? In 2010 I gave this do my midfielders, especially the architects/deep lying playmakers.

Would it be beneficial to have both now? You get someone like Cesc or Xavi and they have "Dictates Tempo" but not "Stops Play."

Is "Stops Play" something negative to have now?

Thanks

I don't know exactly but I think "Stop play" similar with "Hold up ball" :-?

It depends on how you want your team to play. If you play a slow tempo possession style, then 'Stops play' would probably be good to have - it could stop a flowing move however. On the other hand, if you play counterattacking football, it would be a pretty bad thing to have.

I was wondering if perhaps it was a defensive attribute. Maybe like a 'destroyer' stops opposition play. I have a couple of players with it. (Bedalj for one and i think kucka has it aswell).

I don't think it is. When you ask your players to learn it the question is "I would like you to slow down play now and then" and is the description for the "Stops Play" PPM.

I honestly don't know whether I should tell someone like Xavi or Fabregas to learn this.

I play a very slow possession style, that is true.

I don't think it is. When you ask your players to learn it the question is "I would like you to slow down play now and then" and is the description for the "Stops Play" PPM.

I honestly don't know whether I should tell someone like Xavi or Fabregas to learn this.

I play a very slow possession style, that is true.

I wouldn't tell Cesc to do this, especially if you want him to be scoring goals like he does IRL. 'Stops play' (I think) means that they'll pick the ball up, and hold it up to slow down play a little and calm it down if that makes sense.. I think they'll actually look for decent passes not just play quick one-twos etc.

Only what my understanding is though. Best asking TBH or Madsheep (Mike.)