zindrinho

Reaction score
Hi!

Do any of you ever talk to players and praise or criticize their conduct?
How do you choose when to do it, and for what reasons do you do it?

I tried critizising a player who moaned and wanted to leave, and he was not at all happy about it.
If I just praise a random player for his conduct for no reason he usually says thanks boss, and that he's happy.

Any tips or pointers?

I criticized my vice captain, Slobodan Rajkovic who had received a second red card in under 8 league games.
I warned to remove him as the VC, and he wasn't happy with that, but then I said I'm sticking with him for a while. And he was fine with that.

Then I went to criticise his conduct, saying he has been letting the club down, to which he gave a nod, and said to do better!

it all depends.. if I have a striker who hasn't been scoring much, I'd say that I have all the faith in him etc etc..
only if a player has been very very bad with discipline would I absolutely blast them!

i'm not talking pre-match though, I meant outside of matches you can choose to critizise their training or conduct.
I havent seen an option to tell him I have faith in him there, but thanks for sharing!

Morale plays a MAJOR part in FM15. So yes, the praise/criticise interact options should be utilised consistently.

so as long as things are going good I can just praise their conduct even though I dont know how their conduct has been?

that's sort of the basis of my question, what are good reasons to praise or critizise conduct?

I would agree with MANUMAD that interactions with your players are an important and perhaps undervalued tool.

If a player gets a direct red card, I warn him about it afterwards, and he almost always accepts it and promises to behave in the future.

When I get the training reports and certain players are said to have been slacking off, I always pull them aside and tell them to up their game. Again, I almost always get a positive response, acknowledging that they need to step it up. I don't know if you would count this as "conduct", but I certainly think it has an effect on morale.

In general, though, I think positive reinforcement is even more important than negative critique. If a player has performed poorly in a match, I tone it down and tell him that he was unlucky. If he does well, I heap praise on him.

My squad generally has a fairly high morale, even when we're in a bad period resultwise.