Reaction score
Why my backroom staff sometimes does and sometimes does not reccomend me which Defensive line should i use?

Check the scout report that you usually receive a few days before your upcoming match. It will mention what type of pitch your opponent has - whether it's long, short, wide, narrow, it suggests what type of defensive line that you should play and how effective it may be.

For example, longer pitches require a deep defensive line so that the attack doesn't expose it as easily, as well as shorter pitches allowing high lines to compact the midfield and press.

They dont mention that in scout reports, should i maybe sign mor 1st team coaches specialid for tactics?

No, you don't need to. If you are playing at home, just check the dimensions of your pitch via: Information > Facilities. It will say something like '105 x 68'.

That means it's a direct pitch, where much more linear passing and to the point. The same can be done with the opposition's prior to a match, so you should consider the defensive line.