Jamie92

Reaction score
What's the best way to go about pre season...easy fixtures against lower league opposition, or testing yourself early against europe's elite...or a combination of the two? Who plays pre season tournements? And what's the benefit of a tour?

The benefit's of a tour is that if you pick the right country and your club is of sufficient rep then you'll get a merchandise sales boost from that country which will help bring money into the club.

I don't tend to play as big clubs so I like to play a few big clubs away from home to begin with to get a bit of money in from fees and then play weak teams towards the end of preseason to help build up morale going into the new season.

What's the best way to go about pre season...easy fixtures against lower league opposition, or testing yourself early against europe's elite...or a combination of the two? Who plays pre season tournements? And what's the benefit of a tour?

Poor teams - play against better teams (home you get good gate receipts away you get good money) / at home with (local) rivals.
Not poor teams- play against much weaker teams to increase the morale.

Dont play a lot of matches against better opposition cos your morale will happen - start with weaker opp then play against better teams then finish against a couple of weaker teams to build morale.

Look at ASK UNCLE MAD for more details.

Also, pre season is about getting that tactic familiarity back up. Make sure you've got the bar set at 50%, and 3 days in between games.

I also agree with MANUMAD. I usually finish with a team I should be beating about six to ten nil. Any players that don't have superb morale will play in this match.

Play Against Better Teams

We should play against better teams:
If we gain victory, our players get motivated;
If we lose, our players get experience.

Some recent pre-season results are showing how better teams gain huge victory (H):
16/July/2014 Grazer AK vs Crystal Palace: Results 1-13
17/July/2014 Kermt-Hasselt vs Southampton: Results 0-6
20/July/2014 FC Großklein vs Burnley: Results 0-8
24/July/2014 L.A. Galaxy vs Man United: Results 0-7