Pre-Season Friendlies

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 342
  • Views Views 23K

CJACKO11

Reaction score
I know some people are like me and actually like watching pre-season friendlys so i thought we could post our teams starting 11/ results/performances/live score updates in this thread. i am keen to know how teams get on and their new signings.

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

i will start my post on here as i know Man Utd beat Celtic 3-1 last night with goals from Berbatov, Welbeck and Cleverley. It looks like Berbatov had a really good match.

Also i will add that Chelsea start their pre-season against Crystal Palace todat at 3o'clock and i will be watching on ChelseaTV. I heard that their is only 2 players in the squad to never have played for Chelsea before who is believed to be the highly rated Josh McEachran and Slokakian forward Milan Lalkovic. Also as people will know Michael Essien will start his first game for nearly 6months im so buzzing for that. Daniel Sturridge is likely to partner Di Santo upfrot along with possibly Scott Sinclair.

Here's a pretty dull list of a list of them - http://www.epltalk.com/preseason-friendlies/

As far as I know - Chelsea are playing Crystal Palace today, Ajax, Frankfurt and HSV :)

Josh McEachran ^^) (my avatar ;))

i have seen him a little bit but have heard great things. apparently behind the scenes at england they are raving about this kid lets just hope he takes his chance today, hes got to be on a high after winning the fa youth cup and the u-17s european championship his a winner already.

Arsenal playing Barnet this afternoon. Chamakh and Koscielny both expected to play. I'm very excited that proper football is finally back!

Arsenal always thrash them. I remember in yr 5 we had a barnet supporting head teacher, and most people in my school support Arsenal so they were taking the mick saying thet they won 10-1.

Arsenal always thrash them. I remember in yr 5 we had a barnet supporting head teacher, and most people in my school support Arsenal so they were taking the mick saying thet they won 10-1.

I remember that game. We only beat them 2-1 last season though.

My prediction is a win for Arsenal at 4 goals difference.

My prediction for Chelsea: 3 - 0.

I'm gunna go 5-1 to Arsenal. I reckon Chamakh'll get on the scoresheet.

Yeah, what Tony said. :)

As long as we don't get another Leyton Orient again, we'll be fine. ;)

I can see Carlisle being strong today but I would like to see a 2-1. I expect them to score though.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

According to the Official Newcastle United website, we have:

July 17 - Carlisle United (a)
July 24 - Norwich City (a)
July 31 - PSV Eindhoven (h)
August 3 - Deportivo (a)
August 7 - Rangers (a)

We beat Bath 2-0. What a Result Eh!! :P

And we've got Deportivo at the City Stadium on the 31st

HIya just a few games that will be on tv.

I believe all of Man Utds friendlys from the usa are live on MUTV

Liverpool
Today Liverpool v Al-Hilal live on LFCTV channel 434 at 6pm
Highlights of all friendlys will be shown on LFCTV with possible live coverage of the remaining games against Grasshopper, Kaiserslatern and Bourissia Mouchengladbach

Tottenham
Today San Jose Earthquakes v Tottenham live on ESPN channel 417 at 9pm
Friday 23 July Ny Red Bull v Tottenham live on ESPN channel 417 at 1am (Could be Henrys Ny Red Bull debut)

Man City
Saturday 24th July Man City v Sporting Lisbon live on ESPN channel 417 at 1am

10th July 2009 - Bournemouth 0 - 4 Tottenham

Goals: Obika, Pavlyuchenko x2, Rose

Tottenham XI - First-half:
Cudicini, Hutton, Butcher, Caulker, Bale; Bentley (Townsend, 26), Bostock, Parrett, Mason; Keane, Obika.

Tottenham XI - Second-half:
Alnwick, Naughton, Kaboul, Livermore, Rose; Smith, Jenas, Modric, Townsend; Taarabt, Pavlyuchenko.

All Players Available For Newcastle's Trip To Carlisle Except Danny Simpson, Xisco and Shola Ameobi

Back