Pre-Season Friendlies

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 342
  • Views Views 23K
Currently Arsenal are beating Barnet 2 - 0, and Bournemouth beating Fulham 1 - 0.

That 4 - 0 win by our reserves looks better now.

we're not doing badly, our defence looks quite solid, as does our midfield :)

Liverpool are playing Saudi Arabia champions Al-Hilal at 6 on LFCTV. Jovanovic might play, good to see. Pacheco's away on Internation duty, unfortunately, would have been a good chance to impress Hodgson. But Benitez done very little football training in pre-season, apparently, while Hodgson will, so we could start the season better, as we have always looked off it at the start of seasons.

when its pre season time i wish my dad hadnt got rid of chelsea tv a few years back :( ohwell i hardly watched it apart from the reserve games and pre season

This isnt designed to have a go or start an argument between liverpool or chelsea fans but i am suprised chelsea and man utd tv are pay channels because Liverpool and Real Madrid tv are free to watch.

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Liverpool are playing Saudi Arabia champions Al-Hilal at 6 on LFCTV. Jovanovic might play, good to see. Pacheco's away on Internation duty, unfortunately, would have been a good chance to impress Hodgson. But Benitez done very little football training in pre-season, apparently, while Hodgson will, so we could start the season better, as we have always looked off it at the start of seasons.

Ride the Walrus have you seen the squad taken away for the Swiss training camp? Its great to see so many young players given a chance to impress the new manager.

This isnt designed to have a go or start an argument between liverpool or chelsea fans but i am suprised chelsea and man utd tv are pay channels because Liverpool and Real Madrid tv are free to watch.
LFCTV is free with Virgin TV, but costs with Sky...VIRGIN FTW

oh dear, Cech looks like he's injured :( - it's 0-0 at Selhurst park atm

ive only just turned the game back on as my stream froze and noticed ross turnbull coming on has cech picked up an injury or something :( ??

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Ride the Walrus have you seen the squad taken away for the Swiss training camp? Its great to see so many young players given a chance to impress the new manager.
Not really, mate. I know Insua's with them, though. Is Robinson? Ince? Amoo? Samoo, or Samaa or however it's spelt...

He didn't look injured :S

If so, I hope its not serious.

Sorry i meant Liverpool tv is free with the sports package. i.e you buy sky sports and you dont need to pay for Lfc tv.

Anyway ignore me im an idiot :D

This is the Liverpool squad in Switzerland.

Liverpool squad for Swiss training camp: Diego Cavalieri, Alberto Aquilani, Albert Riera, Lucas Leiva, Emiliano Insua, David Ngog, Jay Spearing, Philipp Degen, Stephen Darby, Martin Kelly, Peter Gulacsi, Steven Irwin, Nathan Eccleston, Daniel Ayala, Martin Hansen, David Amoo, Lauri Dalla Valle, Thomas Ince, Jonjo Shelvey, Victor Palsson, Sotirios Kyrgiakos (not arriving until July 15), Milan Jovanovic (travelling direct from Serbia).

Hope we get to see Shelvey, Jovanovic, Valle and Ince. Valle and Ince were very impressive last season for reserves and academy sides.

Sorry i meant Liverpool tv is free with the sports package. i.e you buy sky sports and you dont need to pay for Lfc tv.

Anyway ignore me im an idiot :D

This is the Liverpool squad in Switzerland.

Liverpool squad for Swiss training camp: Diego Cavalieri, Alberto Aquilani, Albert Riera, Lucas Leiva, Emiliano Insua, David Ngog, Jay Spearing, Philipp Degen, Stephen Darby, Martin Kelly, Peter Gulacsi, Steven Irwin, Nathan Eccleston, Daniel Ayala, Martin Hansen, David Amoo, Lauri Dalla Valle, Thomas Ince, Jonjo Shelvey, Victor Palsson, Sotirios Kyrgiakos (not arriving until July 15), Milan Jovanovic (travelling direct from Serbia).
What the ****, Riera's there?! Spearing needs to **** off too, Good to see Shelvey, no Carra, Gerrard, Agger, Skrtel, Johno, they shouldn't have that much time off, after the World Cup, Aquilani's there, so they should be too :S

Half time at Selhurst. Palace 0 - Chelsea

Despite us dominating the first half we've failed to create any clear cut opportunities. Strurridge looks extremely sharp, our main danger man at the moment. Solid performance at the back, just need a bit more going forward. Ancelotti should run the changes now.

ive been impressed with sturridge so far

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

1-0 chelsea :D the bison is back with a goal

What the ****, Riera's there?! Spearing needs to **** off too, Good to see Shelvey, no Carra, Gerrard, Agger, Skrtel, Johno, they shouldn't have that much time off, after the World Cup, Aquilani's there, so they should be too :S

All the world cup players were given 3 weeks off from the moment they arrived back from the tournament but i agree they should be there because the team needs to learn hodgsons style of play before Europa League qualifer at the end of the month.

Liverpool team to start tonight

Gulacsi
Degen
Darby
Ayala
Kelly
Lucas
Aquilani
Riera
Amoo
Dalla Valle
Ngog

Subs
Hansen
Spearing
Irwin
Shelvey
Ecclestone
Ince
Palsson

Probaly going to play 4,4,2 with Degen at right back, Darby at left back, Ayala and Kelly in the centre, Riera down the left wing, Amoo down the right with Aquilani and Lucas in the centre. Ngog and Valle upfront.

Intresting Cavalieri dosnt even get in the team for pre season friendlys... why did we spend 3 million on him?

Game is in doubt tho, big rain storm, pitch inspection in 15 mins :(

Last edited:
Arsenal won 4-0. Arshavin got the first, Jay Simpson got 2, then Nasri got another towards the end.

Looking at the pitch i doubt it will go ahead, its more like a lake around the halfway line.

So it is. It's looking doubtful. What a shame. I must admit, even as a Gooner, I was looking forward to watching that game this afternoon. Hopefully the rain stops sharpish and they can get it on.

Back