Dodds

Reaction score
Hay all, was wondering on pre season I seem to buy shed loads of players every year as even so free transfers can improve my squad yet year after year I have a massive revolving door of players!

Is this just me or is this a common thing on FM14?

( I'm Southend 5th season in and back to back promotions to championship )

The turnover of players at lower clubs is always very high since they are just recruiting for short term goals (promotion)

YOu won't actually start to build a squad until you're challenging for promotion to the premier league and then consolidating.

Oh right, suppose a should be look at building my squad around a back bone ! In lower leagues seemed to pick up some decent free transfers then sell them for big fees! And replace them again with free transfers, resulting in constantly changing my squad

Oh right, suppose a should be look at building my squad around a back bone ! In lower leagues seemed to pick up some decent free transfers then sell them for big fees! And replace them again with free transfers, resulting in constantly changing my squad

Be using that money to upgrade your youth and training facilities. The reputation boots alone should help you attract bigger profile free transfers. If you spot a great young player, try to bring them in a build a squad around them, but you're going to chop and change so much than building a long term squad down there is not worth it.