shawnest

Reaction score
I've always wondered how real teams analyse their opponents and how they plan for long term. I have my own visions without actual insight into a professional football club but I think it would be fun to actually share them with you.
The team I have chosen is Bastia from Ligue 1 and the reason is pretty funny. Actually I did play in an online knockout tournament and I analyzed them because of that. As it turned out they werent the Bastia I should've analysed, that was in french third tier.
Anyway they have a few interesting charachters in their team with a predicted finish of pretty low. Hopefully I can turned them into a pretty good team in 2-3 years with a good precise planning.

Sorry for my mediocre english.

First post is coming...

First day

First day in the office. We're planning for the whole season, so first of all we should take a look at our opponents, and their system we're going to face in the future.

AS MonacoLeonardo Jardim4-1-2-3DM Wide
Saint-EtienneChristophe Galtier4-1-2-3DM Wide
GuingampJocelyn Gourvennec4-4-2
EvianPascal Dupraz4-4-2
LorientSylvain Ripoll4-2-4 Wide
MetzAlbert Cartier4-2-2-2 DM
NantesMichel Der Zakarian4-2-3-1 Wide
Bordeux***** Sagnol4-3-3 Narrow
LOSCRené Girard4-1-2-3DM Wide
MontpellierRolland Courbis4-1-2-3DM Wide
NiceClaude Puel4-1-2-3DM Wide
LyonHubert Fournier4-2-3-1 Wide
MarseilleMarcelo Bielsa3-4-3 DM Wide
PSGLaurent Blanc4-1-2-3DM Wide
LensAntoine Kombouaré4-2-4 Wide
Stade de ReimsJean-Luc Vasseur4-2-3-1 Wide
CaenPatrice Garande4-3-1-2 Narrow
RennaisPhilippe Montanier4-1-2-3DM Wide
Toulouse FCAlain Casanova5-3-2 WB

Looks like half of the teams are playing with a flat four, five man midfield and one forward. So obviously we need players who can efficiently counter their strategy. Our team at the moment obviously looking for a counter attack oriented strategy against most of teams. At first look our main strategy is going to be 4-1-4-1 DM, looking for quick breaks.

Wow! I'm impressed with that work.I will definetely follow your story.Good luck!

Sounds like an interesting concept.
Will be following...