Predictions for the 2010/11 season

djh1878

Mark McCusker's #1 Fan
Reaction score
SPL

Champions: Celtic - it will be a lot closer than many believe, but Celtic should have enough to take back the trophy from their city rivals.

Over-achievers: Motherwell - Craig Brown has done well on his return to management, and the old-timer has the experience and knowledge to take the Well higher up the table. Top 6 could be a reasonable target.

Under-achievers: Aberdeen - I can't see the Dons reaching the top 6, given the strength of Dundee Utd, Hearts, Hibs and even the likes of Motherwell and Hamilton. Possibly bottom 3 or 4, possibly the sack for McGhee.

Relegated: Kilmarnock - Mixu was dreadful as Hibs manager, and with a struggling club he won't be much better. Nice guy, not the right guy for Killie.

Division 1

Champions: Dundee - Surely, they must do it this time? Chisolm is a decent manager, they have the most cash outwith the SPL with a top-level ready squad. Falkirk are coming down weak in depth, so I expect the Dees to return to the big time.

Relegated: Stirling - just taken over by their fans, they aren't ready for the first. Debt problems are still there, this will be a rebuilding season for the club on and off the pitch.

Division 2

Champions: Livingston - They still have a good squad, comfortably took the 3rd Division last season and could well do back-to-back promotions. It's not unusual, Stranraer and Cowdenbeath having shown it's possible of late.

Relegation: Forfar - not strong enough to stay up in my humble opinion, and having a Campbell as manager doesn't help!

Division 3

Champions: Clyde - we've had a great pre-season, the fans are back onside, Dingwall is a 20 goals a season goalscorer and Henderson a rock at the back. We've got enough to gain promotion I think.

Thoughts? :)

Champions: Celtic - We have strengthened while Rangers have weakened; there's only one turnout.

Over-achievers: Dundee United - United did very well last year under Peter Houston, and if Rangers continue to keep selling their best players, the race for second place might end with a team from outside of Glasgow competing in the Champions League next year.

Under-achievers: Rangers - Only if they keep losing their best players. If not, then I think that Aberdeen will take a bit of a beating next year. McGhee struggled last year, and I'm not sure this year will be any better.

Relegated: St Mirren - I was dissapointed to see Gus McPherson leave last year, especially after keeping the Buddies up and getting to a cup final. I can't see a future for St Mirren in the SPL now, and as much as I want Killie to go down, I think St Mirren are going.

Division 1

Champions: Dundee - I can't see past Dundee in this league, I hope Thistle go up but I don't see it happening. They have a good squad with SPL quality, and it must be exciting to be a Dundee fan right now. What's the thing with former Celtic keepers though? Douglas and Fox? :p

Relegated: Cowdenbeath - I don't feel they have enough quality to suvive in this league, and down is the only way for them. Back-to-back promotions will give them confidence, but I think that 'Beath will be the Peterborough Utd of this division.

Division 2

Champions: Livingston - I think another promotion will take Livingston back to where they belong. They have a good squad, a dtermined manager and optomistic fans. They're even beginning to balance the books, so a good year ahead for Livi.

Relegation: Forfar - A weak side, one that has **** Campbell as gaffer. 'Nuff said.

Division 3

Champions: Clyde - Clyde have had a torrid few seasons, and releasing the whole squad, apart from Lithgow, means that great talents like Hutton and Higgins are nowhere to be found, which is half the reason Clyde are in Division 3. But they will have enough quality, I think, to overcome teams like Queens Park, but it will be close between Clyde and East Stirling in the battle for automatic promotion.

SPL

Champions: Celtic - 11-10 odds. However, we should have won last year as well.

Over-achievers: Dundee United to come 2nd!

Under-achievers: Not too sure, Rangers maybe. But with Walter there, I doubt it.

Relegated: Caley Thistle.

Division 1

Champions: Dundee, maybe Falkirk.

Division 3
Champions: Albion Rovers!

Last edited:
Champs- Rangers ( that's my heart ruling!)
Celtic. ( this is my head overuling my heart!))
Relegation- I hope it's St Mirreen after what they did to Gus McPherson!
But it'll prob be Killie or Caley?

1st division- Falkirk,good youngsters an mix if experience so should bounce straight back ?
2nd division- gotta be Livi eh?
3rd division- No-one can match the wee rovers! C'mon the Albion!!!!

SPL:
Champions; Celtic
Relegated; St.Mirren
SD1:
Champions; Dundee
Relegated; Condenbeath
SD2:
Champions; Livingston
Relegated; Forfar
SD3:
Champions; Queens Park (cos im managing them on fm)
Relegated; Albion Rovers

Champions - Rangers. I don't care for anything else :)

SPL

Champions: Celtic

Over-achievers: Motherwell

Under-achievers: Aberdeen

Relegated: St. Mirran

Division 1

Champions: Dunfermline (live there but also think they will go up)

Relegated: Morton or Partick tough one