kelo624

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the FM series. I've gotten a decent handle on it for the most part so far, but I'm just wondering about the best match engine settings. I started playing the matches with with the full match highlight settings, but I don't really want to take 25-30 minutes a match. Playing with key highlights though, can't really gauge how the match is going other than shots and possession, so I don't know what to tweak.

So I just wanna know what settings you use and how you micromanage, or do you even need to micromanage during the games. Thanks.

Personally, I have it set to maximum speed between highlights, with about 3/4 speed during them. I have it set to show extended highlights, and to rep;y any goal action at 1/2 speed. I also have the screen as split, with the match stats and my assistant's analysis on the right, and during highlights the match stats gets replaced by the pitch :)

I only ever change my strategy and shouts during the matches, only making big changes such as switching tactics during half-time :)

Do you guys believe the assistant feedback is good or bad i always turn it off ?

I watch the first 10-15 minutes is FULL MATCH and follow the game closely. After this, I react to what I have seen on the pitch. In the 2nd half, I do the same for first and last 5-10 minutes. The rest of the time, I use extended highlights. I also use a normal speed between highlights as I otherwise would not be able to look at the stats and react in time.