yidoyido10

Reaction score
just wanted some insight on this, do u guys train this stuff much?

are they all good moves to have? as in is it a case of the more they have the better? Obviously some moves will suit positions more than others, but is it worth just trying to keep getting them to learn new moves?

Also some of the options contradict the others. If i get a striker that ive got placing shots, and then i try and suggest hes blasts shots... what happens then? he does a mix of both? blasts instead of places?

just an example but u get what i mean

Hmm, no it's not a case of the more the better. Essentially PPMs seem to fall into three categories - ones which replicate things which you can achieve via tactical player instructions, ones which allow greater control of player movement on the pitch than can be achieved via player instructions in the tactical options and ones which increase the chances of a player attempting a certain 'flair' move.

You job is to decide which PPM/s will allow the player to perform better within your tactical system. What is good for one player within one system, might not be as good or even a negative within another system (eg drops deep PPM might be great for a support striker who links play but awful for your goal poacher who should be on the last defender's shoulder).

The other side effect is the impact upon training - 20% of training time for several months goes into learning a PPM. For a young player, that could be time better used in allocating their CA improvements into areas which you want to prioritise.

All that's a round-about way of saying - figure out what the PPMs do, figure out which would benefit the players in your system and then choose the right time to ask them to try and learn the PPM.

If a player has two PPMs which seem contradictory - think of it as offering a choice which the player will select from depending on the match context. Hit shots with power is great for first time shots without time to set yourself, placing is more accurate if you've got the time and space.