neomoppy

Reaction score
Just wanted to hear how other people devlop their youngsters/signed Regens.

My first 11 is made up with average of 4 star players, bench at around 3.5 stars. Some of my youngsters are the best players in their position and so they play a lot of the time. But what is te best way to devlop other players with 4.5 - 5 star potential.

a few examples.

1.You have a player who is equal to your sub player (just under your starting 11) but with much better potential.
2. You have a player who is just under your subs, about equal to senior squad players, but much better potential.
3. You have a player who is worse then your squad players but a lot more potential.

The option you tend to have are:
a. Keep in youth team
b. Keep in Reserve's
c. Keep as squad player (perhaps available for reserves)
d. Use as a sub/first choice replacement. (i.e playing when first choice are injured/in need of rest)
e. As d. but with a few extra games thrown in.
f. Send him out on Loan to a lower tier team to gain some first team action.

My Current plan is working out more expensive as each season goes, as my starting 11 gets better, I have been buying Youngsters with good potential, and current ability within 0.5 stars of my first choice. Always means they get plenty of game time. But buying youngsters with current ability of 4 stars and potential of 4.5 - 5 is costing a lot. Taking into account that fact you need to buy 17 year olds or younger in order to be classed as Home Grown, they are nearly impossible to find, so have resorted to getting younger players, with varied level of current ability, but I am unsure the best way to develop them.

My current facilitys are very poor for Premier league, and my coaches arrn't too good. So from my point of view option a. and b. probably won't be the best for me.

I simply have my team. And have a backup for each position, preferably a young player with potential. When I rotate on easier games I let them play. I usually buy U17 and as they reach 18 or 19 the ones that have made it get to play. The others get loaned and by the age of 20 you get sold if you aren't of use.

Raikan's guide is extremely helpful, however I do not tend to make long carriers and I prefer to "burn" my players (reach their PA as fast as possible), so I would rather to keep them in my team and give them playtime and a good tutor the first season and rotate them in the 2nd and learn them PPMs. At 3rd they are ready to be a major part of the team, while in the 4th they are ready for first team play.

well I for once don't really play players cuz of how much stars they got, but cuz how high their average attribute is in their best position
i tend to sign youngesters i can shape from the earliest age (15 16 ) and tutor them till they have a half star ot star of potential left then i loan them out till they reach their potential , or play them in my b starting eleven, if they are better then my sub for a starter in a certain position ( i tend to have 2 first elevens 1 playing more important games , the other the easier ones)
if they don't develop or don't turn out quality enought for my team i just sell them with 50% of the next transfer
if i sign a player who can't come to my club untill 18 i tutor him as soon as he gets in my club (he plays for the u19 team), but players who can join my club so ''late'' must have ambitious personalities cuz i read a experiment thread from a guy on the dugout forum which showed that most players with ambitious personality improve faster then the rest ( i think the importance of ambition was 3 times bigger then of professionalism)
and i try not to have too many players in my u19 team so most of them get enough playing experience
search my posts in the regen/newgen threads to see how well my philosophy has worked for me