Premier duo 'missed out on Gomez'

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Bayern Munich turned down bids from Chelsea and Liverpool for striker Mario Gomez during the January transfer window, the BBC learns.

More...

Shame Liverpool didn't get theirs accepted, if this was in place of Carroll

Would have been more of a gamble than Torres i feel. Torres is PL proven and Gomez blows hot and cold. Yes he has been prolific this season but its the first year he has at Bayern.

Thank god, horrible player.

He is a good player but no where near rumored 36 Million quality striker. This season he is in excellent form much like his Stuttgart days.

i think he would of been good at liverpool, i fancied us trying to sign him in the summer, but now he has refound some form at bayern his price seems rather high.

Always struck me as a bit of a carthorse for Bayern & Germany so........phew.

Thank god, horrible player.

In last 4 season(including this) he scored 20 plus goals in 3 seasons, one among the 3 is 30 plus goals and this season he has scored 25 goals in 29 matches. Very poor player must be.

I love how people are judging him on how he played in odd games for Germany. He is a top player and i for one am glad he stayed away from rival teams of mine.

i think he would of been good at liverpool, i fancied us trying to sign him in the summer, but now he has refound some form at bayern his price seems rather high.
he would have cost similar or probably more than carroll considering the season he is having and the fee they originally payed for him

He is a good player and I think would have been less of a gamble than Carroll

I don't see any reason why Bayern would've accepted an offer when Gómez is in-form and the only other healthy striker is Klose.

he would have cost similar or probably more than carroll considering the season he is having and the fee they originally payed for him

yeh i agree he would now, i thought he would of been cheaper in the summer as he didnt have a great season at bayern last year. but liverpool couldnt invest in the summer.

he was set for another poor season, until Van Gaal remembered, that he existed ..

yeh i agree he would now, i thought he would of been cheaper in the summer as he didnt have a great season at bayern last year. but liverpool couldnt invest in the summer.
yeah probably would have been

Very good player when on form and he's been showing what the player he is this season. Also he did say that he wouldn't have joined anyway as he's already at a top club.

Not really. Bayern wouldn't have signed him if they had no confidence on him. Bayern are not known for their knee jerk reaction after one season. Everyone knew Gomez always gonna score and you wouldn't have got him for less than 25 Million in the summer.