Premier duo set for Shield clash

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Sir Alex Ferguson believes Chelsea will be Manchester United's biggest obstacle to winning the Premier League ahead of Sunday's Community Shield clash.

More...

I have a funny feeling Manchester city will be right up there this year

well we probably are but i cant wait till sunday though it will be a good match

Is this Fergusons way of writing off Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City.

Is this Fergusons way of writing off Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City.

basicly yeah and i agree with him, title will be between United and Chelsea again this year, finishing 3rd and 4th will be a epic battle though this season

i said it for years now chelsea and man utd are in a different league.

i said it for years now chelsea and man utd are in a different league.

City have not had the money to spend for years.

If Arsenal can keep their squad fit then they will be up there at the end as well.

City have not had the money to spend for years.

If Arsenal can keep their squad fit then they will be up there at the end as well.

arsenal will be up their they are always up their. its the winning trophies and if you go back 5-6 years what 2 teams have dominated english football???

arsenal will be up their they are always up their. its the winning trophies and if you go back 5-6 years what 2 teams have dominated english football???

hmmmm, i wonder why that is the case for one of the clubs ;)

you say that but if you look at the players we bought at that time they wearn't exacly the best players in the world at the time.

maybe not but they at the time was still all over priced and a select few still are.

Yes, Arsenal have improved their squad and if their starman was not injured last season they would have pushed for the title.

City will be a threat, with the money they have spent they dont have any excuses now. The squad is the best in the league and they will be up their at the end of the season. You must be an idiot if you are going to write City and Arsenal off.

yer we payed stupid money for some players but who do you think is over-priced.

well the likes of, Ferrira (Spelling), Sheva, Crespo, Kezman, Mutu.... the list could go on.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Yes, Arsenal have improved their squad and if their starman was not injured last season they would have pushed for the title.

City will be a threat, with the money they have spent they dont have any excuses now. The squad is the best in the league and they will be up their at the end of the season. You must be an idiot if you are going to write City and Arsenal off.

i think its bitterness. the chelsea fans i no all say and think the same "CITY ARE JUST BUYIN THE LEAGUE" funny that... wasn't it chelsea who did that a few years back?

Typical Chelsea arrogance - the squad you guys have got is ageing fast, and with very little coming through I'd be worried if I were a blues fan. As for Arsenal, with the addition of Chamakh they clearly mean business, while City will be up there with the players they've got...actually, they're like an early Abramovich funded Chelsea at the moment, ready to step up to the next level.

well the likes of, Ferrira (Spelling), Sheva, Crespo, Kezman, Mutu.... the list could go on.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

i think its bitterness. the chelsea fans i no all say and think the same "CITY ARE JUST BUYIN THE LEAGUE" funny that... wasn't it chelsea who did that a few years back?

ferriera has been a good servent, sheva point taken, crespo had a really good scoring record for chelsea but yer proberly paid to much, kezman we made a small profit on him and mutu will are getting that money back haha. im not bitter about city at all fair play to them, i just dont think they have the right mentality to win the league.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Typical Chelsea arrogance - the squad you guys have got is ageing fast, and with very little coming through I'd be worried if I were a blues fan. As for Arsenal, with the addition of Chamakh they clearly mean business, while City will be up there with the players they've got...actually, they're like an early Abramovich funded Chelsea at the moment, ready to step up to the next level.

its not arrogance at all its the truth!!!how many years have gone by now where i have heard ''chelseas team is too old'' change the record.

cech-28 relitivly young for a keeper
ivanovic-26
alex-28
essien-27
mikel-23
kalou-25
sturridge-20
hutchinson-21
mancienne-22
bruma-18
kakuta-19
borini-19
van aanholt-19
ramires-23

erm so little coming through!!!!!

yeah cuz man u have never spent big on players. you need to have the best players to win the league and the best players cost money, so thats what chelsea did and thats what city are doin now, just bitter man u fans who dont have any money anymore gettin jealous

Back