zachswfc

Reaction score
View attachment 125152

TONY MOWBARY GONE!
Tony Mowbary has left the Riverside stadium today. Mowbary has left after 2 players said they want him gone and will refuse to play/train whilst he is at the club.

Middlesbrough chariman Steve Gibson said"Tony has left the club today due to 2 players wanting him to go and will refuse to play or train whilst he is at the club they have been angered at his decison to let Brad Jones go to Liverpool and we want to thank Tony for his short space of time at this football club."

O'Neil faviourite for the job.
Martin O'Neil is the odds on faviourite to be the next Middlesborough manager at a short price at 2/1 on. Paul Jewell is also in the running for the job at a price 11/1 to get the job.
The Odds from BET365 are below.

View attachment 125153
Martin O'Neil 2/1
Paul Jewell 11/1
Alan Irvine 16/1
James Elvin 24/1
O'Neil says no.
Martin O'Neil says he doesn't want the job at the Riverside stadium as he feels he has better options elsewhere and he doesn't think the Championship is the right level for him to be managing at. Martin O'Neil has put a name forward to the clubs directors but nothing has been decided on the clubs new manager and Gary Pendrey is still the caretaker manager at the Riverside stadium.
View attachment 125155

Elvin's the man.
James Elvin is the new manager at the Riverside stadium today and has replaced former manager Tony Mowbary. Martin O'Neil put this man's name forward to the clubs directors and he gave them a reason he is a footballing legend and a Middlesbrough legend after he scored to gain them promotion in 1986. Elvin made over 200 appearances for the club but retired early due to a heart condition but the fantastic support has helped Elvin back on his feet. there will be a press conferance tomorrow at 10:30 am.
First Press Conferance.
Bbc Radio Middlesbrough. James are you pleased with the chance to be the manager of Middlesbrough?
James: Yes i am its a fantastic club everybody knows that wich the club has struggled in the last 3 years and i want to bring this club back to its normal self.

Bbc Sport: James will you be signing any players in this months transfer market?
James: Yes i have put a few names to Steve gibson and he thinks there reasonable targets.
Bbc Sport: Can you tell us those players then?
James: No sorry we are in talks with the players at this moment of time but nothing has been agreed wich is all im going to say.

The Sun Newspaper: James what is the plan while you are at this club?
James: To get them back to the dreamland wich is where this club should be i am here for two years but there is a new contract in place if i achive the things the board want me to.

No more questions now time is up thanks for your time.

Savage,Walker and Stanislas off to boro.

Robbie Savage has signed for Middlesbrough today for 100k he cant wait to work with a footballing legend and cant wait to put the boro shirt on wich has excited fans.

Kyle Walker has signed on loan for boro today until the end of the season James said"I Brought this lad in to give him first team experaince and he has played at this level with Sheffield United so he does know the Championship."

Juniour Stanislas has also been brought in on loan until the end of the season and first option to buy James added this "He is a great player and cant wait for him to be in a Middlesbrough shirt."
Charlton Athletic 2-1 Middlesbrough
View attachment 125160

Morcambe 1-1 Middlesbrough
View attachment 125161

Torquay United 0-7 Middlesbrough
View attachment 125163

Sheffield Wednesday 0-1 Middlesbrough
View attachment 125164

Yeovil Town 0-0 Middlesbrough
View attachment 125168

Darlington 0-2 Middlesbrough
View attachment 125169

Transfers

IN. OUT.
Robbie Savage 100k Seb Hines Loan
Kyle Walker Loan Richard Smallwood Loan.
Juniouir Stanislas Loan.

Jermaine Johnson to boro?

Jermaine Johnson to boro?
Sheffield Wednesday's attacking midfielder Jermaine Johnson has been linked with a move to the Riverside stadium. James Elvin is a massive fan of Jermaine but the Sheffield Wednesday manager Alan Irvine says it will be tough to get Jermaine to Middlesbrough as he is currently out injured and it doesn't look like he will be even doubtful for the end of the transfer market wich will put a big blow on James Elvins plans

"Jermaine has pace skill and he defenders fear him i thought he was going to move to Nottingham Forest but both clubs fell apart with the negotiants and he is still a Sheffield Wednesday player." James Elvin said.

League Cup

3rd Round for Middlesbrough

Middlesbrough are through to the 3rd round of the League cup after beating Rochdale and Crystal Palace

Middlesbrough 3-0 Rochdale
View attachment 125215

Middlesbrough 1-0 Crystal Palace
View attachment 125216
The 3rd round League Cup Draw

Manchester City vs Middlesbrough
Manchester United vs Aston Villa
Blackburn Rovers vs Totenham Hotspurs
Derby County vs Reading
Bristol City vs Sheffield United
Wigan Athletic vs West Ham United
Stoke City vs Leicester City
Burnley vs Chelsea
Birmingham City vs Cardiff City
Sunderland vs Nottingham Forest
West Bromich Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderes
Arsneal vs Newcastle United
Everton vs Norwich City
Fulham vs Bolton Wanderes
Southampton vs Blackpool
Liverpool vs Swansea City

View attachment 125217

Awful august for boro!

Awful August for Middlesbrough.
Middlesbrough have made a really bad start to the season in the Npower Championship

It all started with a 1-0 defeat away to Coventry View attachment 125228
It was fair to say we got outclassed Robbie Savage,Kyle Walker and Juniouir Stanislas all made there debuts none of them was really impressive.

The League cup first round draw had been kind to Middlesbrough having been drawn against League one outfit Rochdale at the Riverside they won the game 3-0
View attachment 125229

Then Middlesbrough travled to Milwall and came away with a 2-1 win Middlesbrough again outclassed but came away with three points at a very difficult place to pick up anything
View attachment 125230

Middlesbrough entertained Leicester and Middlesbrough again outclassed losing 1-0
View attachment 125231

Then it was the League cup second round for Middlesbrough and came away with a 1-0 it should have been more but some fine keeping by Julian Speroni kept it at just one with about five or six top class saves View attachment 125232

Ipswich were the next visitors to the Riverside and came away with a 2-1 Grant Ledbitter tore Middlesbrough apart from start to finish View attachment 125233

Before the Norwich game on the final day of the transfer market rumors was occuing saying James Elvin had signed 2 players from Carlisle Gary Madine and Paul Theirwell. These rumors were true as both of the players made there debuts at Carrow Road but none of them made a good debut but no one for Middlesbrough had a good game after being battered 3-0
View attachment 125234
End of August.
Where we are in the league.
View attachment 125235

Transfers
View attachment 125236

Elvin has 3 games to save his job!

3 Games or gone!
After yet another defeat to Middlesbrough Steve Gibson has told James Elvin he has 3 games to save his job he must win at least two of them to keep his job otherwise he will be sacked as the Middlesbrough boss.

The fans agree with Steve Gibson they want him out today if they could but the board are trying to give him support to keep his job as the gaffer​

---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

Last Game for Elvin?
James Elvin could be an unemployed manager next week if his side done beat Portsmouth at home. Elvin has been warned about this matter and his response was "How is this much preasuare going to give me confidence in my job and i think everyone on the board are uselsess they given me a good buget ive got some left i recuved a phone call at 2:30 am from Steve Gibson on Tuesday night after the Derby game he told me to get my office cleared out because it looks like there will be someone else in that room on Monday morning when youre out of a job" This has shocked the nation of football what can James Elvin do if the results arent coming there way then they dont go your way. James has been given support by many other chairmans and fans across the country and trying to give him the confidence so his side can pull a result out of the bag.

---------- Post added at 03:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 AM ----------

James Elvin out!
James Elvin's last game as Middlesbrough manager today but he will represent the club in the league cup 3rd round on Wednesday away to Manhcester City.

Steve Gibson was going to offer him the job as a coach but he changed his mind and he is now the "caretaker boss" Steve wants to thank him for his hard work but the results didn't pay off for his efforts.

Middlesbrough players dont want James to leave but he has been told to leave after the Manchester City game on Wednesday.

Rumors are that James Elvin is in talks with another club as being manager but nothing has occured in any sort of manner​

erm.......you didnt last very long :/ im guessing you were bored with the boro

Lol! Well I was following..... but I'm guessing that I wont be anymore!!!

Elvin and Jewell to work together.
Steve Gibson has let Elvin keep his job but he will be working with Paul Jewell to try and get this club back to the big time.

Paul Jewell added "He is a good manager and yes he has had no backing from the bored.
We both are going to be working together day in day out to try and get this club back to the dreamland."

Steve Gibson also stated "We have aplogised to James for not giving him any backing but we decided to give him more backing by bringing in Paul Jewell to work with James Elvin we want to wish them both the best at this football club."

This was appointed after Middlesbrough's 2-1 defeat to Manchester city in the league cup third round