Reaction score
View attachment 375854
View attachment 598818

Race for Burnley hot seat gathers pace

The race to become Burnley's next manager is on.

Mike Garlick, Burnley's owner and chairman, has urged potential managers to send in their job applications to the club by July 6th if they wish to be considered for the position.
'All candidates will be carefully considered. We won't be appointing a manager based on experience or reputation, but by how impressed we are with his vision for the club' was the message from Garlick when BBC Sport caught up with him yesterday outside Turf Moor.
This bold move has earned Garlick much praise, but skeptics will claim it is the wrong move for a club many tip to be relegated.

Euan Holden, BBC Sport

View attachment 375848
View attachment 598838
Jim:
We are receiving breaking news here, and we can reveal that the vacancy for the Burnley job has been filled by 25 year old Edric Storm, a faded talent that played just one professional game before a double leg break in training ended his career.

Natalie: Yes, Welsh-born Storm has signed a one-year deal today and hopes to be the man that can guide Burnley to safety. Let us know what you think by sending us a tweet.

Jim: We've already had thoughts coming in from fans throughout the country, here's a tweet from Derek in Lancashire: 'Inexperience will cost us safety. No club battling the drop stays up with a manager who has nothing on his CV #risky'.

Natalie: Another one in from David in Suffolk: 'I'll give the kid a chance but it's a huge risk. Think Sherwood would have been a better option'. Clearly, general opinion is that this is a huge risk for the Burnley board to take. Only time will tell if it pays off.

Jim: In other news, David O'Leary has finally been found wandering the streets of Baghdad under his new alias of 'El Dinero'.

View attachment 598840
View attachment 598838
Jim:
We are receiving breaking news here, and we can reveal that the vacancy for the Burnley job has been filled by 25 year old Edric Storm, a faded talent that played just one professional game before a double leg break in training ended his career.

Natalie: Yes, Welsh-born Storm has signed a one-year deal today and hopes to be the man that can guide Burnley to safety. Let us know what you think by sending us a tweet.

Jim: We've already had thoughts coming in from fans throughout the country, here's a tweet from Derek in Lancashire: 'Inexperience will cost us safety. No club battling the drop stays up with a manager who has nothing on his CV #risky'.

Natalie: Another one in from David in Suffolk: 'I'll give the kid a chance but it's a huge risk. Think Sherwood would have been a better option'. Clearly, general opinion is that this is a huge risk for the Burnley board to take. Only time will tell if it pays off.

Jim: In other news, David O'Leary has finally been found wandering the streets of Baghdad under his new alias of 'El Dinero'.

Quality idea!

View attachment 375789
The Beginning

Part 1: Transfers

Upon arriving at Turf Moor, I saw that the squad needed much more depth. With just 17 senior players in the team, many signings were needed to strengthen the squad. I identified my targets quickly, and after making a board request for extra funds, I was able to secure them, despite a frustrating error in which with surplus wage budget of over 100k p/w I could only offer even key players a maximum of around 19k per week. I'm rather pleased with my signings, and here are my explanations.

Signing 1 - Liam Ridgewell (free transfer)

View attachment 375772

Our quality at left back was in short supply, so I resolved to bring in experienced former Baggies man Ridgewell. He is versatile as he can fill in at center half as well as his preferred left back role. A decent, solid signing for us.

Signing 2 - Rio Ferdinand (free transfer)
View attachment 375768

Ferdinand is undoubtedly our highest-profile signing of the summer. A Champions League and Premier League medal holder, he adds vast experience and undeniable quality to our back four. I was extremely surprised by how low his wage demands were, and snapped him up as soon as I could. In my opinion, a simply phenomenal capture.

Signing 3 - Alex McCarthy (?4.4m)
View attachment 375766

Our goalkeepers left over from the Dyche reign were, bluntly, not good enough. A new keeper was needed, and after a long negotiation process, a relatively low fee of ?4.4m was agreed for McCarthy's services. A young and talented goalie, this former Reading stopper could become part of the club's furniture in years to come.

Signing 4 - Steve Sidwell (free transfer)
View attachment 375764

Our center midfield lacked energy when I first arrived, but I sorted that out with the arrival of Sidwell. The former Fulham man works harder than a dog, and his technique is very impressive. Low wages and a good attitude, this guy is a great addition.

Signing 5 - Fabio Borini - (loan fee ?1.2m)
View attachment 375761
He spent last season at Sunderland and helped massively in their survival; I'm hoping he can do the same here. We lacked depth up top and now Borini is there to rival Danny Ings for the poacher's role.

Signing 6 - Joe Cole (free transfer)
View attachment 375756

A gifted technical player who has been plagued by injuries throughout his career. If he stays fit he will be a terrific asset. If not, he is a waste of wages and the squad will be severely weakened. A big gamble, but one that may pay off.

Signing 7 - Thomas Ince (free transfer)
View attachment 375755

Another rather surprising signing, Ince was a total steal for us. With the likes of Liverpool and Stoke Coty sniffing around, I had to act quick, and Ince was offered a contract within hours of my reign. He lit up the Championship and I'm confident he will work wonders in the BPL.

Part 2 - Pre-season
View attachment 375754

A mixed pre-season, but it got the players ready. Next stop, the Barclays Premier League!

Part 3 - Premier League (August)

Burnley v Manchester City
View attachment 375747

An expected defeat at the hands of City wasn't too demoralizing. We played reasonably well but City were too good for us.

West Brom v Burnley
View attachment 375746

A decent point but our play deserved more, the goal was their only real opportunity at the game and Borini missed a golden chance to win it late on.

Burnley v Crystal Palace
View attachment 375742

A terrific way to get our first win, Borini and Ince were fantastic, getting a goal and an assist each to blow the Eagles away.

In other news. we progressed to the 3rd round of the C1C with a 2-0 win at home to Fleetwood, with Chris Baird and Junior Stanislas getting the goals.

Note: All feedback is massively appreciated! Please let me know what you think and offer some constructive criticism.

Dont know what tactic your using but thought you might wana try this one out which is on this forum Steaton's Donny Rovers
check it out should suit your team with the players you have bought,worth a try mate and good luck

View attachment 375696

September - 'A harsh reality check'

Barclays PL
14/9/2013

Burnley v Stoke
View attachment 375694

Storm's view: A game we totally deserved to win. We struck the post twice, dominated possession and tested Asmir Begovic regularly. The Stoke goal game from a goalmouth scramble following a cheap corner. Very frustrating.

Barclays PL
21/9/2013
West Ham v Burnley
View attachment 375691

Storm's view: Another game we didn't deserve to lose. We were fantastic first half, not giving West Ham any opportunities and when we took the lead through the in-form Borini I thought it would be plain sailing, but in the middle of the second half, the Hammers got a silly penalty and after that had been converted yet another goalmouth scramble led to Matty Taylor completing his brace. A sobering couple of games.

Capital One Cup
24/9/13

Bolton v Burnley
View attachment 375689

Storm's view: A decent win for a weakened side against our local rivals Bolton. We've progressed to round 4 where we will host Man City.

Barclays PL
28/9/13
Sunderland v Burnley
View attachment 375687

Storm's view:A dire game, we only had one real chance and that was wasted by sub Jumior Stanislas.

Review - A poor month for us. One point from a possible 9 is unacceptable, especially against the teams we faced. An improvement must be made next month.