craiigman

Reaction score
I understand the rules of home grown players in the Premier League. However that doesn't make the job any easier. Currently into my 3rd season and I needed another CM. Having just sold Milner (I'm Arsenal btw) and a few other home grown players I was pretty **** short. I have to set 3 16 year olds as registered just to get 8.

But I've done some research into players and got Begovic (classed as home grown) and Rodwell in, just to I would have some more quality in the team but also home grown players. Since I couldn't sign the players I wanted in those positions due to not being able to register them.

So that got me into looking exclusively at English/ home grown players and, well there is not much quality! And in my save there aren't that many amazing young English players, who can can buy.

By 8 this season were:

Wilshere
Ramsey
Gibbs
Rodwell
Begovic
Chamberlain (u21)
Szczesny
Walcott

As you can see I'm running on the bare minimum. Once some of my other under 21's become old enough to have to be registered, I'm pretty screwed lol. Just to check, if I sign any 16/17 year olds, by the time they are 20/21 they'll be home grown right? 3 years?

But yeah, how have you all managed home grown players? The game is pretty realistic in the sense that there is much more quality from elsewhere compared to in England. Anyone managed to get the talent in England up to the point where they would challenge realistically for a World Cup? If so how? Can't just go and buy all the good young English players/ regens?

One of the things that i do in FM is to sign wonderkids under 18, wait 3 seasons and have them england based.

Since you are in your 3rd season, you should expect to have some next season and so on.