Whats the PL Game Of The Season?

• Match 5: Manchester City 4 Wolves 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Match 7: Newcastle 5 Sunderland 1

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Calum

Reaction score
So with the season about to end, what is in your opnion the match of the season. The Guardian Newspaper have picked 5 matches of the season do you agree?

Match 1: Everton 3 Manchester United 3 Report

Match 2: Blackpool 4 Bolton 3 Report

Match 3: Newcastle 4 Arsenal 4 :'( Report

Match 4: Chelsea 3 Aston Villa 3 Report

Match 5: Manchester City 4 Wolves 3 Report

Match 6: Wigan 3 West Ham 2 Report

Match 7: Newcastle 5 Sunderland 1 Report

Match 8: Tottenham 3 Arsenal 3 Report

Match 9: Everton 5 Blackpool 3 Report

Match 10: Wigan 4 Blackburn 3 Report

Match 11: Manchester United 3 Liverpool 2 Report

My match of the season would be one of the above mentioned the 4-4 Draw between Newcastle and Arsenal was a tale of joy at being 4-0 up at SJM and somehow losing a 4-0 lead to draw 4-4 with the 4th from Newcastle an abosolute topper from Cheik Tiote, Arsenal fans coudn't believe it and the Newcastle fans coudnt either !

So whats yours?:)

Last edited:
Dammit-was going to do something similar last night lol
But for me (not that I'm biased or anything), our draw against Man Utd. Just sums up the club. Things going wrong off field, and go bad on the pitch-but the players never, ever give up and always fight to the end. Was a **** of an achievement for me.
But theres also been other cracking matches too, so it's real hard to single them out.

Match 3: Newcastle 4 Arsenal 4. Was an absolute cracking game to watch.

Dammit-was going to do something similar last night lol
But for me (not that I'm biased or anything), our draw against Man Utd. Just sums up the club. Things going wrong off field, and go bad on the pitch-but the players never, ever give up and always fight to the end. Was a **** of an achievement for me.
But theres also been other cracking matches too, so it's real hard to single them out.

safe to say i was just estastic at utd loosing two goals in the space of minutes lol

No Wigan V West Ham? I thought that was a cracker.

But I'd say Newcastle V Arsenal judging by the one's on the list, a stunning match of football and a truly great comeback from Newcastle. Very closely followed by the Blackpool v Bolton match, which was a true display of why we all want Blackpool too stay up

EDIT- Nice to see you've added in two more, hands down Wigan v West Ham for me now- Just such an open and attacking game, with both sides going to win it in the eye of a relegation battle. It's how football should be played...

Last edited:
First has got to be the 4-4 draw with Arsenal followed by the 5-1 V Sunderland, but I might be a tad bias.

Match 3
Match 6
Match 2

In that order. The Wigan game just because of the comeback, the significance of it and the last minute drama. Plus the end to end nature of it.

Neither, the match between Manchester United 3 Liverpool 2. The game had everything, a sending off, a hattrick, a superb come back and a over head kick to win the game. The match had it all and with the rivary between the two biggest clubs in England, it made it all more that special.

Tottenham 3-3 Arsenal. Ridiculously good game.

Personally, I enjoyed the 3-2 United win over West Ham. We were 2-0 down when I finally finished work and got to the pub, and the turn around in the second half was fantastic. I'm surprised that the Blackpool v Manchester United game isn't up there too, that was a cracker!

I was at the City ground during match 3, but it sounded like a real hum-dinger. From the list though, I'd say the Chelsea - Villa game, so match 4. (? no poll ? oO)) - EDIT: zoomed, great minds and all that

Last edited:
There's been better United games than that draw at Everton :S

will add Everton 5 Blackpool 3 to the OP forgot about that one :S

The two most popular games are from Arsenal throwing away 2+ goal leads. Well, I guess they are the most entertaining team after all.

added 3 more to the OP

to late to be added to the poll though :(

Back