Premier League most improved footballer of the season

Trophy_Whorder

Trophy_Hoarder
Reaction score
So who do you think has been the most improved player of the season

Jonny Evans Manchester United some facts about his season

View attachment 240533
I'm sure every Manchester United fan has taken a pop at the young Northern Irishman at some point during the past couple of the seasons, bemoaning Ferguson's stubborn refusal to let the error-prone defender call time on his Old Trafford career.

Perhaps his lowest point may have come at the beginning of this current season, with his horrific display in the Manchester derby.

A 6-1 home defeat never looks good on the CV for a defender.

But his partnership with Rio Ferdinand has formed the foundation for a United assault on a title that seemed to be heading to the other side of Manchester.

He has stepped up to the plate in the absence of the talismanic Nemanja Vidic, helping his team keep clean sheet after clean sheet in the league.

Long gone are the days when any striker over 6'1" could easily beat him in the air.

thisc ame from English Premier League's 5 Most Improved Players of the Season | Bleacher Report

Why i got the idea for this thread​

Post who you think has been your most improved player​

Jonny Evans. From fourth choice CB to first choice CB and to an extent we haven't missed Vidic. He has been excellent this season.

With my massive Chelsea hat on i'd say Ramires deserves a shout surely?

Dempsey for me. Coloccini and Hoilett have been great to.

With my massive Chelsea hat on i'd say Ramires deserves a shout surely?

Nope, one of the few Chelsea players to play very well pretty much all season. Whereas Evans started very poorly and improved massively.

Nope, one of the few Chelsea players to play very well pretty much all season. Whereas Evans started very poorly and improved massively.

Oh i see what your saying, someone who started slowly/poorly and got better. Well in that case no Ramires should not be there, shame on me.

From a Spurs perspective, Younes Kaboul and Jake Livermore have improved greatly this year. Last year Kaboul was a squad player and probably 3rd choice, now he's our Best defender. Livermore's pretty much come from nowhere as well, nobody thought he was going to make it but he's suddenly burst onto the scene and is a very competent player. Technically good as well. Got better and better throughout the season.

For Chelsea maybe Torres? Looking much better then before in recent months and is contributing a lot more to the side with his recent goals/assists. He has also been involved in more Chelsea goals en any other player in our side since Roberto took charge.

Hmm, Chamberlain? But he didn't play in the beginning of the season...

For Chelsea maybe Torres? Looking much better then before in recent months and is contributing a lot more to the side with his recent goals/assists. He has also been involved in more Chelsea goals en any other player in our side since Roberto took charge.

The PL's most expensive player, known a few years back as the best striker in the world (something which I didn't agree with) and you're saying he's improved because he's mustered up 7 goals & 16 assists in an injury-free season? He's playing better than he was a few months ago, but you'd expect a player of his reputation to have done much, much better than he has.

images

The PL's most expensive player, known a few years back as the best striker in the world (something which I didn't agree with) and you're saying he's improved because he's mustered up 7 goals & 16 assists in an injury-free season? He's playing better than he was a few months ago, but you'd expect a player of his reputation to have done much, much better than he has.

Ofcourse he can still do much better and should be given the fee Chelsea paid for him but I am just saying he has got to be Chelsea's most improved player over recent months with his performances. Of course he is not te BPL most improved player or he hasn't played outstanding just IMO he has been Chelsea's most improved player over the last few months or so.

I'd say from a United point of view De Gea for me as he was basically written off as the new Taibi now he has been having some storming games and improving all the time

from an outside United View perhaps Sessegnon

Not too many to choose from really. Evans definitely a contender but Rosicky is a great shout by Calum. De Gea also although he was never even that bad to begin with unless you take the press as gospel. Maybe Caldwell/ Figueroa of Wigan? every time I watched them earlier in the season (admittedly not many times) they seemed to make errors- now they and the rest of the defence look solid as a rock.

Yep. Rosicky for me.. been brilliant since Arsenal turned their form around

Definately Laurent Koscielny for me. From the guy who got sent off on his debut and was half of the duo that arguably cost us a trophy he has gone to our best defender. Yes, he showed glimpes of his potential last season such as having a certain Barca player named Messi in his pocket but for the most part it was an average season. But this season he has been brilliant every single game he has played in the middle of the back four and even put in some decent performances at Right Back.

From outside of Arsenal, I've been impressed with how De Gea has turned his season around and Dempsey has taken his game to a whole new level.

Back