Premier League most improved footballer of the season

Yakubu has a shout, what with him going from Everton reject to Blackburn hotshot. Tim Krul, as well, and maybe Steven Pienaar's rejuvenation would count. If I had my Villa hat on, I'd choose Stephen Ireland, but realistically I can't choose him over the vast majority of other candidates.

I'd probably choose Rosicky, though.

Rosicky, Gary Cahill, Evans all are in contention for that title

call biased because im a toon supporter but i would say tim krul , demba ba and ben arfa have to be up there on the list on most improved players

Definately Laurent Koscielny for me. From the guy who got sent off on his debut and was half of the duo that arguably cost us a trophy he has gone to our best defender. Yes, he showed glimpes of his potential last season such as having a certain Barca player named Messi in his pocket but for the most part it was an average season. But this season he has been brilliant every single game he has played in the middle of the back four and even put in some decent performances at Right Back.

From outside of Arsenal, I've been impressed with how De Gea has turned his season around and Dempsey has taken his game to a whole new level.

I cant really remember the game but did'nt Messi score like 4 goals against Arsenal last season?

Yeah, that was at the Nou Camp. Kos didn't play that game mind you, we had Silvestre playing in for him, which was arguably why nobody had Messi. Shame we lost by 3, it has to be one of the worst teams we put out against Barca really. Bendtner instead of RVP and not a single DM in the side against a team like Barca. Painful ;)

Don't think Kos deserves this award, he's been at Arsenal two seasons now, and is a very, very good centre back - as you say, controlled Messi well in the home leg without putting a foot wrong. He's just been showing what he can do given a run of games.

I'd say it has to be Dempsey (the definition of improved, surely?), Cahill (dodgy at the start of the season, but actually giving Chelsea a selection dilemma when Luiz is back!) and Rosicky (instrumental at making things happen, and for a 30 year old is belting around the pitch).

Last edited:
Well, Koscienly when he signed for Arsenal was awful - and, now, he's become a great defender.

It's been mentioned once but I have really liked the look of Sessegnon this season, guy was average for Sunderland last season, but this one he really has shown he is there new focal point. He has my vote!

I cant really remember the game but did'nt Messi score like 4 goals against Arsenal last season?
That was the 2009/10 season. I was talking about our 2-1 win at Emirates last season ;)

Rosicky or Evans (though I'd say Evans because he has been great most of the season and shown real improvement)

Back