What would you rather win?

• Premier League

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • Champions League

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

MisterStubbs

Reaction score
Now i no this season this only applies to Manchester United and Arsenal but what would you prefer to win, Premier League or Champions League?

I must say, as a United fan, i would rather win the Premier League every time but the Champions League is the biggest club compition in the world so its a tough call.

What would you want?

Number 19 is the top priority for me. (H)

English people would prob say Prem, people from the continent would say champs league, I guess.

Personally, win the prem.

English people would prob say Prem, people from the continent would say champs league, I guess.

Personally, win the prem.

completely agree with you there, i want to win the 19th league title so much and then after that, reach 5 champions league ;)

League every time

That means we will be under achievers everytime at top level. We need champion leagues to show that we are at Madrid, Milan level when it comes to history. Juve have won so many scudettos, but when it comes to World or Europe, Milan is the team to beat rather than Juve.

I think for United it would be the league to beat Liverpool's record.

I think for Arsenal it would be either, as I think they just want silverware for once.

i think also for teams like arsenal and chelsea (who have never won the champions league) but have won the premier league, i think they'd want the champions league more

That means we will be under achievers everytime at top level. We need champion leagues to show that we are at Madrid, Milan level when it comes to history. Juve have won so many scudettos, but when it comes to World or Europe, Milan is the team to beat rather than Juve.

I understand that. But for me whats the point of winning the champs league but not winning the league.

You could win the champs league and finsih 5th in the league. Just like Liverpool did. Where they regarded as the best team in europe?No. they wherent even regarded as the best team in england. So for me. it will always be the league.

I understand that. But for me whats the point of winning the champs league but not winning the league.

You could win the champs league and finsih 5th in the league. Just like Liverpool did. Where they regarded as the best team in europe?No. they wherent even regarded as the best team in england. So for me. it will always be the league.

I agree with that. But everytime if we win only the league without winning champions league implies League is a cakewalk and everyone will doubt the quality of the league.

As a united fan i echo your sentiments that 19 is top priority. Once we get that maybe few will change their opinions.

Pssssht look at Porto winning the Champions League, that was amazing and nobody cared when they won their domestic league. I don't really have much chance of celebrating a Champions/Premier League win anyway but I'd deffinately rather see Villa win the Champions League than they Premier League, it's a more eye catching trophy to have :)

don´t think it´s really comparable. Winning the league is good and all, but in the end it´s only an achievement when you got quality opposition and let´s face it in every league there are usually only like 3-5 teams (depending on league size) fighting for the title. Whereas in the CL those top teams from several leagues are in the same competition and thus making it more of an achievement claiming that title.
So i suppose CL is more important.

Spurs have no hope of winning either but it would have to be winning the league from my point of view as its been a long time since we last did it.

Champions League for me. It is the biggest competition in Europe and possibley the world. And to be honest, it's the only thing Liverpool can win at the moment. XD

as a spurs fan i can safely say neither will be happening any time soon haha. but as a football fan i like to think that id prefer to win the premiership. the premiership is 38 games long and takes a good chunk of a year.. champions league is much less games and spread over time. the prem is non-stop and more a gruelling task where consistency is so important. if you arent a good team then you will never win the prem because you have to keep it up for so long. whereas a good team can easily go out in the cup from a lucky goal or poor ref.. PREM ALL THE WAY.

but i think it depends on what league your team are in.. premiership is one of the biggest in the world whereas if your say lyon (i know they arent winning it this year) who almost always win the league in recent times, you would think that the greater achievement is the champs league because it is much less expected of them. they are essentially a sunderland of the champs league but a man utd of the french league....

Last edited:
As a Liverpool fan I'd rather win the leag.. Oh wait. I mean the Champ.. No. Umm.. :'(

Back