Premier League prepares for D-Day

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
The title, Uefa Cup spots and two relegation places are all to be decided on a huge final day of the Premier League season on Sunday.

More...

Bring it on.

I want a good performance from Man Utd tomorrow to seal the title with style. We should have won it weeks ago but we have been sloppy. Let's make sure we don't mess up tomorrow.

if chelsea win the league boylesports refund all bets so come on chelsea!

if chelsea win the league boylesports refund all bets so come on chelsea!

And one bookie has already paid out over £400,000 a few weeks back on MAN utd winning the title, so will have to pay out again if Chelsea do it :p

i dont really get why bookies do that why not just wait and stop taking bets on it

Irish Bookmaker Paddypower has paid out early on Manchester United winning the 2008 Premier League title. They took the decision to pay out early to all those customers who had back United to win the Premier League throughout the season on Friday morning, depsite Chelsea moving just two points behind them in the league with a 1-0 win over Everton on Thursday night.
A spokesman for the firm said “Let’s be honest, they are home and hosed at this stage and it would take a minor miracle for Chelsea to catch them. Having said that, we did end up paying out on both Arsenal and United to win the title a few years ago, so you never know. Whatever happens, we reckon that the money might as well be in the punter’s pocket at this stage.”
It is a great gesture from the company to reward punters who had backed Fergie’s men at odds of 13/8 at the start of the season and they could face an even bigger payout if the Reds go on to lift the Champions League. However, Paddypower could end up with egg on their faces as bookmaker Fred Done, Chairman of Betfred, found out when paying out early on United to win the titlte in 1998, when eight point clear. That season, Arsenal came pipped them at the post and so anybody who has backed Chelsea shouldn’t throw away that betting slip just yet.

:D

Well even if they do have to payout twice it's still a decent bit of marketing as I'm sure the ones who got payed out for Man Utd will most likely want to bet again with Paddy Power.

Come on Chelsea. Hopefully this should be the start to a great sporting week for me :D Might be going to Leeds game tomorrow, and definitely going to wembley if we get there.