• Thread starter Thread starter StuW
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 3K

StuW

Why So Serious?
Reaction score
premier-league-logo.PNG
As many of you may know, today is one of the most important in the summer; the day when everyone finds out their fixtures for the forthcoming season.

The season will start on Saturday 14th August, and for the first time in many a Saturday, all 20 teams will kick off their campaign on a Saturday, and at 3pm. The opening day is mouthwatering, with some wonderful openers -

Aston Villa v West Ham
Blackburn v Everton
Blackpool v Wigan
Bolton v Fulham
Chelsea v West Brom
Liverpool v Arsenal
Man Utd v Newcastle
Sunderland v Birmingham
Tottenham v Man City
Wolves v Stoke City

The standout fixture being the Liverpool v Arsenal, which is bound to be the main attraction for the day's action.Newly promoted Newcastle face a daunting challenge of Man Utd away, which replicates the first game of the relegation season of 2008/2009. West Brom face a hard trip to Stamford Bridge to face Champions Chelsea, whilst Blackpool have a home tie with Wigan.

Click HERE to see fixtures Week-By-Week.

Click HERE to see fixtures team-by-team

what are your thoughts on the fixtures, and which are the ones you are all looking forward to?

Last edited:
Liverpool v Arsenal
Man Utd v Newcastle
Spurs v Man City

All look interesting matches to kick off the season with

Liverpool v Arsenal
Man Utd v Newcastle
Spurs v Man City

All look interesting matches to kick off the season with

It's one of the most exciting opening days for a while, and for once, everyone is playing at the traditional 3pm on a Saturday, which is how football should be:)

I can see Newcastle getting a point against Man Utd

Liverpool vs Arsenal
Man Utd. vs Newcastle
Tottenham vs Man City

All look mouth-watering clashes

Arsenal against liverpool! on my 18th as well. afternoon in the pup cheering on the gunners i feel!!

December could be a key month for utd,

chelsea away aswell as Birmingham, and sunderland at home, dropped points in all 3 of the same fixtures last year, throw arsenal at home into that month.

But agin the biggest game

18th Spet. Liverpool at home!!!

not sure if anyone else noticed but liverpool's title challenge could be broken after 5 game with arsenal at home tehir opener, followed up by man city away and with a trip to old trafford as their 5th game they really need to get out of the blocks quick, which is something they haven't done for a few seasons.

Birmngham go on runs against the big teams so we will get a few wins then draws and losses in runs of 3 and 4

To be honest this is the one year I would prefer all match's weren't on at the same time would prefer,
12.45 : Arsenal vs Liverpool
3.00 : Man United vs Newcastle
5.30 : Man City vs Spurs

It means the only match I get to see is Man U vs Newcastle and after so long without Premiership football it would have being some opening day seeing them 3 games!

To be honest this is the one year I would prefer all match's weren't on at the same time would prefer,
12.45 : Arsenal vs Liverpool
3.00 : Man United vs Newcastle
5.30 : Man City vs Spurs

It means the only match I get to see is Man U vs Newcastle and after so long without Premiership football it would have being some opening day seeing them 3 games!
They dont change the exact times yet so you might still get the chance.
Kris showed me a blog yesterday

Looking forward to continuing our great record against Manchester City.

A huge decider for who finishes 4th for the first game of the season? Crazy.

It's one of the most exciting opening days for a while, and for once, everyone is playing at the traditional 3pm on a Saturday, which is how football should be:)
All these games won't kick off on saturday afternoon them days are gone sky and espn will sort out what they are showing then move them to sunday and monday

They dont change the exact times yet so you might still get the chance.
Kris showed me a blog yesterday

Ah happy days if the fixtures come out the way I said their it will be a long and drunk day in the pub! (H)

liverpool away :(

could you get a harder first game?

What a ***** of a start for Liverpool. some great fixtures for an opening day though.

Back