Press Conferences?

taxgaming

Reaction score
When I heard about this 'new' feature I was really looking forward to it. But it just seems very similar to what was in 08. The questions are rarely different and you can only give 1 or 2 real answers.

For example, I've won 6 games on the trot, player confidence is high, I'm not really going to say we've got no chance and I can see it going to pieces am I?

Just seems a bit more variation would be nice and I haven't even tried the 'additional comments' field yet.

What's peoples' thoughts on this?

1. I agree with this statement totally
2. I think the above comment is fair
3. I have no opinion on this matter
4. I think that is somewhat unfair to say
5. I totally disagree with that statement.

Yeh its ****, its just all the annoying news you had to respiond to in fm 08 condensed into a session of having to answerr them in a day. Annoying as **** how youve got them before and after eveyr match. It would be a good feature if it was only for big matches liek cup finals or internationls or even if you had the opportunity to hold a press conference yourself say for example you were doing poorly you could explain it to the fans or if you wanted a new job or summat

Just seems a bit more variation would be nice and I haven't even tried the 'additional comments' field yet.

The additional comments bit is OK, but only for the fact it makes the piece of news you get look better e.g.

'Willman says Utd can win' in press conference.

'We'll ******* nail the bastards' he added.

So you can make it a bit more interesting but its still pretty standard :p

in champ i ddnt get it all the time....jst every so many games////but tis quite repetitive :(

i did it for a full season got annoyed now my asst man does them

I got annoyed at the first one when I took the Man Utd job. I won't be doing anymore. They're rubbish and annoying.

I dont like them but im never letting my assistant do it again, my first season in the premier league i told him to do the press conference and when asked who will win the league the thick ***** said birmingham city ands my squad went unhappy.

I dont like them but im never letting my assistant do it again, my first season in the premier league i told him to do the press conference and when asked who will win the league the thick ***** said birmingham city ands my squad went unhappy.

Haha should of sacked him for that.

I got annoyed at the first one when I took the Man Utd job. I won't be doing anymore. They're rubbish and annoying.

Annoying yes. Rubbish?

The potential of creating extra confidence amongst the squad for a big game is not rubbish. A well-handled press conference can give a low-morale player the added boost for a game you can not afford to lose.
While in the save I had for the demo (Barclay's EPL) I did end up allowing my *** Man to handle low-key press conferences, I always attended if my players were down or if it was a big game.

The difference is there if you answer correctly, and when viewed in the proper perspective it is a very handy tool for successful management.

Annoying yes. Rubbish?

The potential of creating extra confidence amongst the squad for a big game is not rubbish. A well-handled press conference can give a low-morale player the added boost for a game you can not afford to lose.
While in the save I had for the demo (Barclay's EPL) I did end up allowing my *** Man to handle low-key press conferences, I always attended if my players were down or if it was a big game.

The difference is there if you answer correctly, and when viewed in the proper perspective it is a very handy tool for successful management.

I agree that it is a good idea and does help to boost morale etc.. But it's just the way SI have implemented it as it just makes it far too annoying and useless as 9/10 people will not want to do them which is a shame.

Hopefully they'll bring some out some alternative questions at least with another patch.

Hopefully they'll bring some out some alternative questions at least with another patch.

Agreed. I'm sure extra questions will add a little more challenge and interest for those of us who are tired of the current set up.

I actually quite like them. Might be because I never played 08, but I always want to do attend them.

Sure it could do with a bit more variation, especially in the answers.

i personally think that it is pointless, it destroys morale and affects the outcome of the game. not a good one in my opinion SI