ChivuStoica

Reaction score
Has anyone had success playing a high-pressing game in the latest patch? I don't even mean getting results, I mean, just in terms of getting your players to actually press high up the pitch when you lose possession. I've tried this from a 4-2-3-1 (Attacking, Control, and Standard) and a 4-4-2 (Attacking and Control) and I've never really been able to get the kind of results I've wanted. I've got all of my attackers and midfielders set to get further forward, mark tightly, and close down, and I've used the tactical instructions hassle opponents, stay on feet, and push higher up, without very much success. It's been kind of frustrating honestly, since I care more about pressing personally than I do about seemingly more manageable things like ball retention. Any ideas/suggestions?

do you use oi's? aslo ive found the shout stand of more on cbs helps defensibly when pressing as it keeps some solid shape at the back.

attack strategy, play narrower, much higher def line and hassle should do the trick...although you wont be able to get what you want until they are fluid at closing down....and also, some players have poor pressing ability as hidden attribute...

Worked pretty well against teams around the same quality of me (Leeds) but against teams of higher quality it didn't work so well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask ChrissyDude, he had some great pressure tactics on FM14

Alright, thanks y'all. I'll check out those articles and give those team instructions a shot as well. I actually had some trouble playing narrowly in my counter-attacking tactics with my guys getting drawn over to one side and then getting beaten by a quick switch in possession to the opposite flank, but that might just be because my left-back is terrible (entirely believable).

What I'd really like is something similar to Freiburg's pressing, with the two strikers closing down the center backs and the two wingers closing down the opposing FBs, but a 4-4-2 doesn't really suit my personnel with my current side (Universitatea Cluj), since my best two wingers are better as inside forwards (and neither can really play in the central midfield line on the side corresponding to their stronger foot) and I don't really have a good one-two combination with my strikers.

Actually, that counter-pressing post has given me an idea, to try to create a pseudo-strikerless, but high-pressing tactic using two false nines and two inside forwards...something similar to last year's Freiburg squad, actually. Lemme try this out and if it works I'll post it here.