Boleskine

Reaction score
This tactic is loosely inspired by the French national team of the '80s with their midfield known as le carre magique (the magic square). That's why I named it Presto. France in the '80s played beautiful football. Not always effective, but always entertaining to watch. The midfield diamond I have tried to recreate have the Genghini/Fernandez role as regista, Tigana role as box-to-box, Giresse role as central midfielder on attack duty, and Platini role as Trequartista.

View attachment 388294

This tactic is far from perfect. As you can see in the attached screenshots below I had several losses, and I conceded lots of goals. But remember this is West Ham. I have tried several of the most successful tactics on FM-Base on earlier West Ham saves, but never made it to any better than 5th place before I started with this tactic. I believe it will be even better with better players/teams.

For training I used balanced average in season (after the tactic was fluid), with 30% attacking movement.

If you see better results from Mid-January onwards it's because I made some defensive tweaks at that time.

At times it is a joy to watch, as it will produce some very good passing moves. Hope somebody will try the tactic and have as much fun watching it as I did.

View attachment 388294View attachment 388290View attachment 388289View attachment 388288View attachment 388287View attachment 388286View attachment 388285

View attachment 388284

Last edited:
Looks good, especially for a more than mediocre team like west ham, I'm gonna try it in my norwich save and see how it goes, I don't know how much the FMC mode influences the results, never played it, but i'll give it a go in the original, more complex version.