How many seasons to reach the Premier League?

Votes: 2 40.0%

Votes: 1 20.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FM Pro

Reaction score
View attachment 431175
Historic PNE.

Preston North End Football Club
(often shortened to PNE) is an English football club located in the Deepdale area of Preston, Lancashire. They currently play in League One, the third tier of the English football league system. The club was a founding member of the Football League and completed the inaugural season unbeaten to become the first league champions, in the same season winning the FA Cup without conceding a goal to become the first club to achieve the English football "Double". Preston's unbeaten League and Cup season earned them the nickname "The Invincibles", and remains a feat unequalled in English professional football.
Preston's most recent major trophy success was their FA Cup victory over Huddersfield Town F.C. in 1938. Many notable players have played for the club, including Tom Finney, Bill Shankly, Tommy Docherty, Alan Kelly, Sr. and Graham Alexander.Based on results achieved during 112 seasons in the Football League from 1888?89 to 2010?11, Preston were ranked as the fourth most-successful English football club of all time domestically, while only Notts County had played more Football League games than Preston.

A New Era
View attachment 431167
David Beckham unveiled as Preston North End manager.

I won't be typing press conferences on here, i'll just be doing the basics - transfers, results, stats etc..

Team Analysis to follow.

Last edited:
View attachment 475168

Squad Report

Goalkeepers
View attachment 430902
I'm happy with the amount of depth in the Goalkeeper position, Taking over when Declan Rudd is on loan to us is a real bonus. Will have to go into the transfer market once he's loans ended though.

Defenders
View attachment 430896
The Full Back players are more than capable of performing at this level, two youngsters also which i'll be hoping to develop into first team players.
Scott Laird is the pick of the bunch rated 4 stars by my Assistant, I'll be expecting him to perform immensely.

Centre Back position isn't as good as i would have like, not enough depth in the team. Bailey Wright looks like the best defender with huge potential, I'll be entering the transfer market for a Centre Back, preferably on a free or on the cheap.

Centre Midfielders
View attachment 430892
Impressed with the strength of the Midfielders, Ex Liverpool man John Welsh will play a big part in our promotion bid and youngster Alan Browne looks like he could be a potential key figure in seasons to come.

Wingers
View attachment 430885
With only 3 wingers in the squad this is the position i'll need to strengthen greatly, I'll be on the hunt for new wingers asap.
Will Hayhurst is a potential star for us, he'll be rotated in games throughout the season, Chris Humphrey looks as though he could run riot down the wing in this league.

Strikers
View attachment 430866
Good ol' Kevin Davies should tear this league up, despite he's lack of pace he's stamina is brilliant for a player of he's age. He'll be the leading man up front and hopefully put the ball in the net at any opportunity. Enough depth in this position overall but i'm not overly keen on the players, I'll be looking to sell Iain Hume and Joe Garner bringing in a loan star or a talented youngster.

Manager Analysis - Overall happy with the squad, a few area's we're short of players but sorting that out shouldn't be a problem, I'm given a 50k transfer budget by the board which is a little poor but i'm hoping to overload a few unwanted players in order to have a little extra for the new players coming in.

Team Meeting - I told the squad i thought we could push for a promotion spot this season and the reaction was a split one, 10 players thought it was realistic and 12 thought it was too much to ask.

I'll be doing the pre-season soon, and i'll post the tactic i'll be using throughout the season, hope people follow..should be interesting to see where we end up!

Last edited:
Tactics

General
View attachment 430825
This will be my main tactic, Quite technical for a League One team but i'm sure my players will perform once fluent with it.

Alternate
View attachment 430834
This will be used against stronger opposition and cup games.

Board Expectations
Sky Bet League 1 - Respectable league position (Top Half)
FA Cup - 3rd Round
Capital One Cup - 2nd Round

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Not relevant

My Expectations
Sky Bet League 1 - Play offs
FA Cup - 5th Round
Capital One Cup - 3rd Round
Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Winner

Next up, Pre-Season & Transfers.

Last edited:
Pre-Season update

View attachment 430802

Only 3 friendlies played with one left which is after 3 competitive games, it was already set up before i took the job as Chorley was a Feeder Club. It's quite annoying having to play a friendly when the season had already started so i'll be using the youth squad just to get it out the way.

Overall a good pre-season, Aberdeen were the only challenging team we played, the team are still learning the tactics so i'm not too disappointed with the result.

TRANSFERS
View attachment 430797

I'm impressed with the transfer business I've pulled off, selling players for a total of ?1.01M and not spending anything on the players that have come in.

Ins :

Jordan Obita - The Reading youngster will be the main man for me this season on the left, with he's quick feet and pace he'll run rings round the defenders in this league, hoping to sign him on a permanent deal.

Jody Morris - We already have cover in the centre of the pitch but the DM positions are a bit weak, Jody has been around a long time and knows the game well, should bring that extra knowledge to the team.

Will Keane - The young Man Utd lad will be my 3rd choice striker, he's talented and can be retrained to AMC or AMR, Which could come in useful if anyone gets injured, hoping he'll bag a few goals with the apps he gets.

Sam Johnstone - Young talented Goalkeeper from Man Utd, he'll be back up to Declan Ruddy.

Tom Lawrence - Brilliant dribbling skills for a 19 year old, he'll be rotated in the AMC spot for my squad, the fans should love him.

Tyler Blackett - Brought in simply for back up to the LB's and CB's.

Alex Henshall
- Loaned him simply for his pace, could be a gem given the right training.

Joao Teixeira - The young Portuguese is exactly the player i wanted, fits into my tactic perfectly and i'm hoping he'll be a revelation here at Preston.

Jay Bothroyd - Signed on a free which i think is brilliant for a team in this division, he'll be rotated with Davies depending on he's form, should be a hit though.

Outs :

Iain Hume -
Upon team inspection i knew he was replaceable and 230K was too good to turn down.

Joe Garner - I didn't see him fitting into my team so we decided on a mutual termination.

Thorsten Stuckmann - He was only a back up keeper and 150K was too good an offer to refuse.

Jack King - Another back up player and another decent amount of money for a someone easily replaced.

Alex Nicholson - He's one for the future, hopefully he'll gain some first team football at Barnet and come back a better player.

Stuart Beavon - He was going to be my back up striker but Wigan coming in with an offer of 425K forced me to let him go, that amount of money for a back up player is brilliant.

If people are interested i'd like to know, I'll be starting with the league results if i get any feedback.

Last edited:
Story sounds exciting. I am a Preston fan myself and look forward to seeing how you do.. To recieve 1 million in the market really is really good business.