Preston up against her - My take on a Preston story

OoscotsmanoO

Reaction score
Hello you handsome bunch of FM lovers, today I bring to you my little story about a wee team called Preston North End – Who used to be a cricket team you know, Now before I get started I want to let everyone know writing is not my strongest attribute so I apologies if this is not to your liking.

We kick start us off just days before the 15.3 update so I don’t exactly have the most up to date squads for this simple story.
Now because I’m fairly rubbish at writing and storytelling through text I have also Put these updates and parts of the story in video format Via YouTube and you can chose to watch that If it’s up your street.

You can find the entire story so far here - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkERjq3S9owmJ9OUntCJ2XUxt94pgz-ln

Feel free to give any constructive criticism and feedback is 100% welcomed to help me improve. The story so far has been taken in kind spirit and people for the most part like what I am doing and it’s something a tad different rather than plain text but I will also do my best to get it down on text via this forum too so if anyone is more interested in that can skip the videos and concentrate on the Text updates.

Now that the intro is out the way, Allow me to introduce myself. I have been a member on this forum for years and years and have produced some great tactics for previous versions of Football Manager which got over 100,000 views and thousands of downloads and I loved the banter between myself and you guys, It was a welcomed part of the day for me. So I’m hopeful that this story or running commentary will be taken in the same light as the tactic uploads.

It was a difficult decision trying to come up with an original story that others may not have done before but it was between Glasgow Rangers and Preston North End, I started a Rangers save and tried to get the ball rolling (Pardon the pun) but after losing interest fairly quickly due to the lack of interest in the Scottish league I decided to pick Preston North End.
The reason behind this was due to their history. Preston were originally founded not as a football club but as a cricket team (some useless pub quiz information there). Many great players have taken to the field for the club, Players such as Bill Shankley and Tom Finney who are dubbed as club legends. So our aim is to become as big a legend as these men buy turning Preston North End into the world’s greatest team.

We Kick off in the summer of 2014 where resident manager Simon Grayson stepped down to allow young Scottish Manager Ross Sixteen to take the reins for the club and help guide them to further success.

Now the Club in its own has some fantastic training facilities and a very nice stadium so the club infrastructure is there to provide the players with a starting block into their footballing career.

The club have a number of Scottish managers over the years and we tend to work well with the club ultimately moving onto other teams based on their short time success. Preston have been home to managers like David Moyes, Billy Davies, Craig brown, Alan Irvine and Darren Ferguson. Most of which have in return had a healthy points per game total perhaps minus Darren but the rest were fairly successful over the years. I hope to be one of the successful managers here and push the club into the next level .

Our Main players from the version I am using will ultimately be the experienced ones and the introduction of Joe Garner who has much to offer to the club in terms of fire power. But we also have a home for Kevin Davies the clubs oldest player at the moment but that will soon change as we look to bring in some international experience to help bring different styles of play to the club.

Now I shall edit this post later this evening when I have access to my results and transfers so far but this is just an introduction to my story and I hope it’s something in which will be taken in good spirit.

( Images to follow when i'm home from work )

Last edited: