CashMikey

Reaction score
I am having a problem with defending after my team scores a goal. I play a narrow 4-4-2 just for reference, but it seems that 1 in every 3 times I score a goal I give up a goal literally right away, straight from the kick-off. has anyone else run into this problem? Is there any way to fix it?

I am having a problem with defending after my team scores a goal. I play a narrow 4-4-2 just for reference, but it seems that 1 in every 3 times I score a goal I give up a goal literally right away, straight from the kick-off. has anyone else run into this problem? Is there any way to fix it?

This doesn't happen to me as often as it seems to happen to you, but yes it is very frustrating.
Possible suggestions are that:
a) Your players may have low concentration and therefore aren't instantly mentally aware from the kick-off.
b) Your players may become complacent and think the win is in the bag, thus turning off mentally.
c) The opposition players have very high determination and this is why they may be more likely to score after they go down a goal.

sounds like complacency to me.
there are ways to prevent this from happening that have little to do with tactics - get players with high determination, tell press conferences that you don't expect to win matches you're favorites for etc.
after a while your asst.manager will tell you in a backroom meeting that 'he is pleased the squad doesn't become complacent when playing against teams with a lower reputation than [y]ours'

Last edited:
IMO this happens too often and I think the solution is when you score you should change your tactic to be more defensive because AI gets really agressive when goal down.

Sorry for bad English