Pride in Battle: A Manchester City Story

View attachment 361038
September
City continue 100% winning streak

View attachment 361039

Manuel Pellegrini's side continued their 100% record in all competitions in the month of September. Games in the Barclays Premier League, UEFA Champions League and Capital One Cup were all won with the majority of the goals scored by Sergio Aguero whilst winger Bruma scored on his debut.

On the 1st of September, Manchester City travelled to Carrow Road to face Norwich City. Argentinian striker Sergio Aguero crossed for Jack Rodwell who nodded home after just 8 minutes to give Pellegrini's side the lead. Just three minutes after half-time, midfielder Yaya Toure crossed for Rodwell to head home his second of the game. In the 83rd minute, a loose ball in the box was stabbed home by striker Aguero to give him his seventh goal in three games. Two minutes from time, Norwich City grabbed a consolation goal after Andrew Surman headed home to end the scoring at 3-1 in Manchester City's favour.

On the 15th of September, Hull City arrived at the Etihad Stadium in the fourth league game of the season. Pellegrini chose to rest several key players due to the upcoming midweek game in the UEFA Champions League. On the stroke of half-time, striker Sergio Aguero back-heeled into the path of explosive midfielder Yaya Toure who smashed home to give The Citizens the lead. In the 70th minute, full-back Maicon crossed for Andre Ayew to head home. Just three minutes from time, Ayew slipped in Aguero to smash home and secure the 3-0 win for Manchester City.

Three days later, on the 18th of September, Benfica arrived at the Etihad Stadium in the first UEFA Champions League Group Stage game. A strong Manchester City side started - with young winger Bruma given his debut. In the 12th minute, 17-year-old Bruma smashed home on his debut to give City the lead. Ten minutes later, a free-kick crossed in by Aranguiz was met by Lima who equalised for Benfica. In the 33rd minute, Navas crossed from the byline and Ghanaian midfielder Ayew nodded home to restore City's lead. Bruma's cutback was then knocked home by Yaya Toure on the stroke of half-time to double City's lead. In the 82nd minute, City scored their fourth. A ball played in by Gael Clichy was cleverly touched home by Sergio Aguero. A minute from time, Lopez's header made it 4-2 as City ran out winners.

On the 22nd of September, Everton travelled to the Etihad Stadium to face a second-string Manchester City side. Captain Vincent Kompany headed City into the lead from David Silva's corner in the 28th minute. In the 92nd minute, Sergio Aguero scored once again thanks to a smart through ball from David Silva to give Manchester City the 2-0 win.

On the 26th of September, West Ham United played host to City in the 3rd Round of the Capital One Cup. A mix of experience and youth started under Pellegrini who chose not to start top scorer Sergio Aguero. On the hour mark, young winger Bruma cut inside and played the ball to Spanish midfielder Thiago who's curling strike found the back of the net to give City the lead. In the 80th minute, Jesus Navas' corner found centre-back Nastasic who headed home to give City the 2-0 victory and secure their place in the 4th Round where they will face Bolton Wanderers.

On the 29th of September, Manchester City travelled to the Emirates Stadium to face a strong Arsenal side. Midfielder Santi Cazorla, who played under Pellegrini at Malaga, showed his class in the 42nd minute as he smartly struck home from 25 yards to give Arsenal the lead. On the hour mark, Ghanaian midfielder Andre Ayew cutback for Sergio Aguero to stab home from 7 yards to level the score. In the 78th minute, a pacy break away by Manchester City saw Toure cross for Aguero who scored his second of the game and secure the 2-1 victory for Manchester City.

Scores:
Norwich City 1-3 Manchester City (Barclays Premier League)
Manchester City 3-0 Hull City (Barclays Premier League)
Manchester City 4-2 Benfica (UEFA Champions League)
Manchester City 2-0 Everton (Barclays Premier League)
West Ham United 0-2 Manchester City (Capital One Cup)
Arsenal 1-2 Manchester City (Barclays Premier League)

In the UEFA Champions League, Manchester City were drawn alongside holders Bayer Munich, Turkish side Galatasaray and beaten UEFA Europa League finalists Benfica.

Barclays Premier League Table:

View attachment 361040

Nice mate will follow this... How did you get Thiago for 18.5 I had to pay 25+ with United!!

Thanks mate! And I'm using LFC Marshall's update so he has the release clause in for the Summer as in reality

How is the current layout for everybody? Is it okay, or would people rather see a layout similar to something I've done in the past or even something completely different? I appreciate any feedback! Hoping to get at least one update on tonight so let me know on the layout

Loving this! Keep up the good work mate, will definately be following. As far as layout is concerned it's one of the better ones i've seen on here, very detailed with good images. I would like personally to see the goal scorers under the result just as I prefer to skim through the text about the matches :)

Sad to say that the feeling this would be too easy may have been proven correct. I'm currently on the 8th of March and still haven't lost in any game at all. In the league, I've played 29, won 26 and drew 3. I won the Capital One Cup and am still in the FA Cup and Champions League. Aguero has scored 34 goals (in just the league) up until this point. BEAST.

Sorry to those who were looking forward to this but it's just too easy and people will get bored way too easy. I'm going to continue the save in my own time but stop the story. However, gladly, the save has definitely gotten me back into the game and I'm already looking to start a story which will be a little more challenging. If you guys have any suggestions over teams and managers, leave a comment and let me know please! Don't just plaster any names on here, I want something realistic and look forward to your opinions.

Again, sorry for such a short story! :(

Sad to say that the feeling this would be too easy may have been proven correct. I'm currently on the 8th of March and still haven't lost in any game at all. In the league, I've played 29, won 26 and drew 3. I won the Capital One Cup and am still in the FA Cup and Champions League. Aguero has scored 34 goals (in just the league) up until this point. BEAST.

Sorry to those who were looking forward to this but it's just too easy and people will get bored way too easy. I'm going to continue the save in my own time but stop the story. However, gladly, the save has definitely gotten me back into the game and I'm already looking to start a story which will be a little more challenging. If you guys have any suggestions over teams and managers, leave a comment and let me know please! Don't just plaster any names on here, I want something realistic and look forward to your opinions.

Again, sorry for such a short story! :(
Gutted mate, would have still liked to of read it. Maybe try a mid table Spanish club, or perhaps Rangers?? Maybe Wolves with the new update so they're in League 2??

Gutted mate, would have still liked to of read it. Maybe try a mid table Spanish club, or perhaps Rangers?? Maybe Wolves with the new update so they're in League 2??

League one, I believe ;).

Wolves would be interesting, as to would Rangers.

Look forward to whatever you do anyway!

League one, I believe ;).

Wolves would be interesting, as to would Rangers.

Look forward to whatever you do anyway!

The idea of Wolves interests me. Peteborough, too, another club relegated to League One. Let me know your thoughts on which out of those two you'd prefer and any other suggestions!

out of those two I would definitely go for wolves, after there fall from the premier league. That or try a side in Oceania! I always play a save there and its great fun, but I never have the time to take them to the top :S

The idea of Wolves interests me. Peteborough, too, another club relegated to League One. Let me know your thoughts on which out of those two you'd prefer and any other suggestions!
I have no preference. Think it would be a tad easier with Wolves as they have better facilities(I'd imagine)

Just throwing a few ideas out there atm - would Fulham interest any of you?

I would like to see a Fulham story, don't see many of them compared to a lot of Everton stories and a couple of Wolves ones

I'm looking at doing a story with another big side. Any suggestions of what you guys want to see? I'd be happy to play in England, Spain and Germany. I would maybe look at Italy too but I'm not sure. Leave a comment and let me know!

Wolves in League 1 as someone previously mentioned, would be a good read