Private Chat - Match Performance

Talisman

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I'm struggling to increase my players' morale with private chats about their match performance. I keep notes every time I interact with a player about match performance in order to figure out which talks work best but it seems their reactions are inconsistent.

For example: Player X would react positively to an "Improve" criticism on his "Recent Form" with an average form rating of 6.50. I'd make a note of it, but then when he has an average rating of 6.30 and I give him the "improve" criticism he reacts negatively (saying he thinks it's harsh).

This didn't happen in FM08 (the previous version I played), there it remained consistent and my notes helped me maintain decent morale. Please let me know what I'm missing here or whether it's just suppose to be unpredictable and I'm just suppose to guess :/

Thanks in advance

im playing as leeds and i lost 3 games in a row and then i had a private chat with every player and told them there **** basically some just said sorry others said im unfair but keep having a go till they back down and show your boss..... then i won the next game 12 - 1 and there moral was thru the roof

try this.
when 6.7 below last game or last 5 games form criticize. if he will said it unfair choose the 2nd answer and he will apologize and morale will be better. 6.8 and up praise and morale will get better.
i think 6.7 is the midpoint of the rating

try this.
when 6.7 below last game or last 5 games form criticize. if he will said it unfair choose the 2nd answer and he will apologize and morale will be better. 6.8 and up praise and morale will get better.
i think 6.7 is the midpoint of the rating

Varies with the player, I have some who think 7.3 is below par.

Always criticise players who have morale less than good + a rating of 6.9 max in the previous match. With morale low after the match, you know that they were dissapointed with their own performance. There's no point criticising someone with high morale, but sometiems it can either cause upset or determination to prove you wrong.

just dont speak to your players, It never effects my team performance, not worth the effort to entertain another of SI's gimmicks

I thought how they reacted was relevant to how well the best player played in that match. I have found, for example, if my striker bagged a rating of 8.5 and my next best players had ratings between 7.8-7.6 then if I chose to praise a midfielder who got a 7.2 he'd usually decline the praise and say that he can perform better. On the flip side if my team have a generally poor game and that player is a 6.8 and I praise him he will accept my praise.

I usually just praise the top three performers in the team if we have a good game. Anyone who has a 6.5 - 6.3 gets told to improve, 6.2 - 6.0 gets a warning and told to improve and lower than that gets a week's fine and a massive bollocking. Two games in a row is a two week's fine, bollocking and dropped to the reserves for a couple of weeks. I run a tight ship.