sneggyboy

Reaction score
Hey Guys Is It Me Or Is The Prize Money In FM12 Totally Unrealistic? Just Won The Championship With Reading And Got Awarded 40k! Isnt It Supposed To Be 40 Mil? I Find Its The Same With Other Competitions Ive Won Aswell.....

I'm not sure how much prize money you actually get for winning it in real life, but when they have the playoff final and describe it as a £40m \ £50m \ £60m [delete as appropriate] game, it is because that is how much money a club can make extra in sponsorship, TV money, income etc. from being in the Premiership. I wouldn't be suprise at all if it was completely accurate and the champions were only awarded £40k! Next season you will see a massive spike in your income and budgets, starting with getting TV money in pre season.

The money you get IRL for winning the Championship is £50,000, and £25,000 for finishing runner up

Edit-that was info from last year

Cheers Guys Didnt Take Into Consideration TV Money etc My Bad :)

When i won the Seria A, i only got £4m but for Premier League it's like £16m. Why is it such a massive difference?

When i won the Seria A, i only got £4m but for Premier League it's like £16m. Why is it such a massive difference?

Im guessing its the financial representation of the two leagues. Saying that it does seem a large difference to get four times more for the english league.

It does then vary depending on coefficients and how well each league is doing too. But the money you get for winning the championship is 50k which is basically pointless anyway

Does not matter what competition it is, the Prize Money in FM has always been pathetic & not realistic. Winning will not generate the income needed to improve your club to the next level. Instead, attendance revenue is what you should focus more on

Does not matter what competition it is, the Prize Money in FM has always been pathetic & not realistic. Winning will not generate the income needed to improve your club to the next level. Instead, attendance revenue is what you should focus more on

If a club won a competition, the money the club would make would be huge. TV money, sponsership deals, shirt sales world wide, ticket sales due to increased pricing. This adds up well into the tens of millions. Its why Barcelona can splash out on Fabregas even though they are in debt. The chairman knows he will get the money back over the course of the season.

The chairman will give the manager a bigger budget for the forthcoming season because he knows he will be able to get it back over the course of the season. The prize money on FM is not unrealistic, It's basing the figures on how much a club could make over the course of a season. Just because a team is awarded £40k for winning the league doesn't mean that the club wouldn't have made £30 or £40m.

Last edited:
I second what FM Nutter said, Just a little add-on to the Barcelona example: In Spain, the clubs own and sell their own TV rights. This means Barcelona and Real Madrid will probably keep on top of spanish league forever. They are the most popular spanish clubs and can sell expensive tv-rights worldwide, and the other clubs can't compete economically.
Someone actually suggested this system to be introduced to England, but luckily it was turned down. It would probably lead to a league where four or five clubs could compete for the title (forever), and the less 'international appealing' clubs would have no hope of ever get to an european competition.

Just a side note...

I know I'm grave-digging a bit, but hopefully this will cause someone somewhere to maybe sort the issue out in the Football Manager two-thousand and thirteen.

I totally agree that whoever does the research on prize money needs to actually do a bit of research. Take the Welsh Premier League for example, not the greatest league in the world, but the prize money for coming 1st in the League is about £2,500. The prize money for coming 2nd in the Welsh equivalent of the league cup is around £12,000.

For a start it's totally wrong. A three second google search and I found the actual prize money amount:

WELSH PREMIER LEAGUE PRIZE MONEY

If they can mess this small detail when the information is clearly easily available, what other amounts are they messing up?
You could say it means nothing, but when you are doing a journeyman game (the only real way to play football manager), prize money is the difference between promotion and solvency.
Sort it out SI.

Last edited: