Problem creating UK and Ireland League

GARYCLARKE

Reaction score
Everything was fine until I readjusted the home nations nationalities back to Irish, Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish. When I test the nations rules I am told that they need to be set to English. This hasnt been the case in previous versions of fm and ruins what I am attempting to do. Any way around this?

Thanks for reading!

Stick to this thread from now on please Gary. Give people a chance to answer, its only been an hour since you posted this.

ok its been a long time since the OP posted but i guess for anyone else looking at the same thing

ive made alot............................ of uk/irish league set ups. the problem is as the op states that all clubs have to be english. thats ok though. the regens from those teams will still have their pre set nationality i:e limerick city players will be irish. the problem before in older games was if you left the default nationality of the team (example: if you left limerick fc as irish and they played in the "english" league) then foreign players such as messi or iniesta wouldnt ever want to join your club because "does not feel moving to an irish club would benifit his career" even if you where winning he premier league year in year out and dominating europe.

so its a small flaw that the clubs have to remain english but dont worry as the game will recognise the team is in ireland