Problem with AI bids for your players?

Revolve

Reaction score
Hi, so I'm not sure if it might just be me or my perception of things, but I seem to be having a problem with AI clubs bidding for my players. They always only ever bid the value of my players, and any counter offer to say 150% value doesn't make much difference other than them offering maybe 102% or 105%. And this isn't for my unwanted players either, this is for my star players, the 160+ PA ones who've been amazing all season. I have a 165PA rightback who is wanted by 8 teams including Real Madrid and PSG, and they offer his current value of 8.25mil.

If I were to bid for this player, they wouldn't sell for less than 3x his value, so what gives? I set his asking price at 25million to discourage bids and perhaps get a lucky bid from a club with money to splash and instead of this doing what it usually does, which is stop bids completely, what does it do? Nothing, they bid 8.25mil twice more until the transfer window shuts.

This isn't just for one player either, it's happened to two or three of my world class potential players (two with 190+PA).

Am I missing something here or is this actually, legitimately bugged/broken at the moment? I'm fully patched up so it's not like I'm running an old patch or anything - not that that would make a difference as I've had this problem through this entire save of over 10 seasons (like 3/4 patches).

from my experience in the transfer market ive come to realise contract length is a big factor if its 2 years or less youll get awful bids best thing make sure players are on atleast 3 years left contract b4 trying to offload ;)

Have the interest came after you set the price or placed them on transfer list or if the player is unhappy or unsettled. If anyone of the above case happens, it makes other clubs to offer less as they think that due to his transfer-listing or unhappy, they can get them at a lower price and yes contract length does makes a difference.

offer to them over 48 months. you will receive a lot more. i sold an injury plagued Borini worth ?5m for ?14m who had played 5 times all season.

Are you on the latest patch? I've noticed it has vastly improved since the update. I've been receiving offers of up to 5 million for youth players with 200k. Also have had higher bids for first team players, and teams are often willing to bid higher when I negotiate.

from my experience in the transfer market ive come to realise contract length is a big factor if its 2 years or less youll get awful bids best thing make sure players are on atleast 3 years left contract b4 trying to offload ;)

Hmm, didn't realise contract length had this sort of effect. Generally I don't pay attention to that at all and just leave it at whatever it was the agent asked, so this is good to know.

Have the interest came after you set the price or placed them on transfer list or if the player is unhappy or unsettled. If anyone of the above case happens, it makes other clubs to offer less as they think that due to his transfer-listing or unhappy, they can get them at a lower price and yes contract length does makes a difference.

Neither. I know he ended up being "slt" with "wants to move to bigger club" after those bids were rejected, but that leaves the initial bids at value. To be fair I think he had like a year left on his contract, but still really low bids considering if it were reversed the AI wouldn't differentiate at all with the price they expected to receive for the player.

offer to them over 48 months. you will receive a lot more. i sold an injury plagued Borini worth ?5m for ?14m who had played 5 times all season.

Yeah I do this trick too, although it doesn't seem to make a difference much for me, they still only bid like an extra million or two.

Are you on the latest patch? I've noticed it has vastly improved since the update. I've been receiving offers of up to 5 million for youth players with 200k. Also have had higher bids for first team players, and teams are often willing to bid higher when I negotiate.

Yep, fully patched up! Maybe it's because it's an ongoing game from earlier patches that it doesn't make a difference?

It shouldn't do as my one was also started on a previous patch

I've experienced both on my newest save, started after the 14.3 patch.

I had to offload Ashley Young for pennies, Hernandez fetched just over his value at 20m, and a few others barely sold for (max) 120% of value.

Yet I've had clubs offering 750k-1m for a youth player (2.5* PA) worth less than 50k and just recently Spurs offered 2.5m for a youth GK who was 3* and only worth 300k. Seems hit and miss but definitely better than it used to be.

14.3 patch is better, they want my Danilo for 40m euro without him being just good this season, did not sell as i dont have a replacement, wanted Peruzzi but ManCity aint gonna let him go.

it sure does i gave welbeck a new contract then sold him to chelsea for 40 million 2 weeks later :D
xD I usually give my players new contracts whenever I'm planning to sell them next summer. Also selling when the summer window starts is the best time to get big bids for the players.

I dunno it's weird. I had Yanga Mbiwa in his prime at age 26. Could only sell him for his value of 20m. No matter what, the clubs bidding only went up to like 21.5m. If I ask for a penny more they leave the bargaining table and cancel their bid. And I had like 4 different clubs bidding for him!! Really, really weird. And then there's Benteke, valued at 19.5m, I offered him for 50m and immediately got a bid of 36.5m from PSG. Must be some kind of bug.

And yes, I am heartless as far as selling players once their usefulness is up. But I would not go so far as to sign a player and then sell him the next week. That's too traitorous even for me!! PS here's a trick that will help avoid teams bidding on your player somewhat - if you see he is wanted, jack his asking price up to 100m. That usually discourages bidders. I say usually, I still got an offer of like 35m from PSG on my star dmc/cb who was rated 5 star potential and called by the press a 'wonderkid'. Had to redo his contract after rejecting the offer. *Grumble*