snitch91

Reaction score
Hello everyone... I wanted to start with Man City (finance,finance,finance),but after i did my typical attacking tactic 4-1-2-2 I feel serious problems with defense.My defense is like a grabs,although I score much...Please help me...:(
View attachment 303387View attachment 303386

GK: Distribute to flanks,Distribute quickly
FBL/FBR: Close down less,Stay Wider
DC: Mark Tighter,Close down less,Easy of tackles,Pass it shorter
DMC: Tackle harder,Mark Tighter,More Direct Passes,Close Down Much More
MC: Tackle harder,Mark Tighter,Roaming from Position,More Direct Passes,Close Down Much More
AML/AMR: Shoot less often,Mark Tighter,More Direct Passes,Cross Aim Centre,Stay Wider,Close Down Much More
Target Man: Shoot less often,Mark Tighter,Pass it shorter,Close Down Much More
Trequartista: Shoot less often,Mark Tighter,More Direct Passes,Cross More Often,Cross Aim Centre

It's a very, very poor tactic. You have 4 players who will hardly track back. That leaves the other 6 with a massive job to do defensively, being that high and closing that much. Why are you surprised that you're conceding a lot? You're using an Attacking mentality too!

Offensively, I'm surprised you're scoring. You also have a mass of PIs and TIs which aren't needed.

There's so much wrong that you're better off creating a whole new tactic or tweak this one to be your last minute hail mary tactic.

Where is my fault ?
And where is fixed ?
Please tell me...

It's a very, very poor tactic. You have 4 players who will hardly track back. That leaves the other 6 with a massive job to do defensively, being that high and closing that much. Why are you surprised that you're conceding a lot? You're using an Attacking mentality too!

Offensively, I'm surprised you're scoring. You also have a mass of PIs and TIs which aren't needed.

There's so much wrong that you're better off creating a whole new tactic or tweak this one to be your last minute hail mary tactic.
cmon man...tell me ?

Your team intructions contradict each other, for example you have hit early crosses but also have work the ball into the box, you play with inside forwards but tell your team to stay wider - if you are doing that then will need the width rom your fullbacks, but they are set to defend.
I'm at southamton in my save into 2020/21 and i use either 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-3. Both are based around possession and pressing high up the park and usually play with width. Either of my tactics work a treat and have my team well trained up on the tactics - score goals for fun usually and dominate possession. Usually pretty tight defensively, but the occassional blip in the defence.

Last edited:
View attachment 766809View attachment 766812
here it is...
FBL/R: Close down less,Tackle harder
DC: Close down less,Mark tighter
MLR: Shoot less often
DLPlay: (Yaya Toure) :Roaming from position,More Direct Passes
BoxBox: Pass it shorter
Poacher: Move into channels

5 matches:5 wins

The main problem was that you had 0 width, and you had limited full backs, no real ball winning roles, which altogether just let's the opponent attack you and allows them space to run at you. You've addressed that now with wingers and normal full backs on support. Sometimes the best form of defence is attack. If you press the opposition wingers back with your fullbacks, then they're a lot less effective. LFB should only be used on defensive tactics, mostly anyway.
Second tactic looks a lot better.