Problem with number of teams in competition

Hernanes

Reaction score
I downloaded a database which extends the brazilian leagues. The problem is that it doesn't work as the number of teams in the brazilian cup was wrong. There should be 920 teams, but the editor only allows 256. How can I change this maximum?

thx for your help

Last edited:
the only way to do it is to get everything except the total number of teams right in the editor and then open the xml and manually change the 256 to 920. then save it and load it up in the editor, and as long as you don't touch that number again then it will stay the same. finish any other changes you need to make then save.

if you don't need to make any other changes then i suggest loading it in the editor and saving as a .dbc file anyway to compress it and make it a smaller file on your computer.

But when I try to save it, it has already changed. I can't press any button without changing the number

that's strange, it used to be that if you needed a number bigger then 256, you needed to save it as a .xml then quit the editor open a program like notepad++ load the .xml in there, find the 256 and change it to however many you needed. save the .xml in there. then load it up in the editor, then tick teh compress box and save so it's a .dbc.

you change the number in xml file as sammyt says, then open up file again in editor and change number of teams it then will stay at 920 as long as you changed the correct value in xml.