Problem with screen size! Can't play game now! On Mac!

luke7290

Reaction score
Every time I now load FM15, the screen shrinks to about the quarter of the standard size. I'll post a screenshot below. The windowed screen shortcut command has no effect and my mouse or trackpad doesn't have any effect when I try to click any of the menu buttons. After restarting my game time after time it appeared to be fixed but since then the problem keeps re-occurring and I can't even get to the menu stage anymore, making it impossible to play the game. PLEASE someone help as this is driving me mad. My computer is a 2015 Macbook Pro Retina, so it's not a rubbish system or anything.

View attachment 220748

Keeps happening to me too.

i think its a problem with the new update "el capitan"

I also have a Retina 2015 MBP and I have the same issue each time I load up the game. I can still click the menu buttons but they're out of sync with the actual link on the screen, I hover about an inch above the preferences menu button when I load it up until it turns dark green then change the screen resolution which puts it back to normal, at least until I load up the game again.

I think if you lower the resolution right down, can't remember the exact size, the screen won't shrink each time you load up the game, so try that before you close FM.

Edit: Just changed the resolution to 1280x800 and booted FM 3 times without the screen shrinking!

Last edited:
I would try and change the resolution but now I can't click the confirm button to the user agreement which has now appeared. So I can't even get access to the main menu. SO FRUSTRATING!!!

I would try and change the resolution but now I can't click the confirm button to the user agreement which has now appeared. So I can't even get access to the main menu. SO FRUSTRATING!!!

Are you sure you can't click it? As I said in my previous post, you should be able to, this issue is that the button is out of sync. Hover over the button with your mouse, and very slowly move the mouse directly upwards of the button, if you look closely it will turn a slightly darker green. The exact same thing was happening to me, you just have to move the mouse slightly higher instead until you can change the resolution back in preferences.

Yeah that's what I was doing before but now it's not even highlighting the buttons when I move my mouse around the screen. There must some other way around this surely...

I've got exactly the same problem, can't change the resolution either because the confirm button location is now off screen. Anyone managed to sort this?

Anybody other then me that experiences that the graphics in the match is of extremely low quality when using the retina-alternative? When i have it ticked off the graphic in the match are much better. Anyone know how to solve this problem?