CJACKO11

Reaction score
I just purchased a new laptop and want to carry on playing FM on my new one. So obviously i have downloaded steam, signed in and installed the game. But when double click to play the game the message "failed to start game (app already running)" appears. Now i have searched online and tried various things but nothing has worked! Any help will be appreciated.

problem sorted! what i didn't say was that the FM i was trying to play was FM11. So because it didn't work i just installed FM13 to see if that would work and it did. Just out of curiosity i thought i'd try FM11 again as FM13 worked and for some strange reason it did! Mods can delete this now cheers.

I just purchased a new laptop and want to carry on playing FM on my new one. So obviously i have downloaded steam, signed in and installed the game. But when double click to play the game the message "failed to start game (app already running)" appears. Now i have searched online and tried various things but nothing has worked! Any help will be appreciated.

You trying to play game from 2 platforms simultaneously using the same steam Id ?this isn't working ..u can have "1 unique steam Id running game" per time.
If not and you still getting this msg .. just ignore it and try reopening the game.Maybe this helps .