Problems getting quality players for San Marino

kuroske

Reaction score
I am in my 5th season with San Marino. Got promoted from the lower leagues to the Serie A with finishes 6th and 5th for past 2 seasons and won the European League last season.

However, I have troubles signing quality players to compete in the Champions League and 60% of my squad consist of loan players.

The problems that I encounter are:

1) Good Free Agent or Listed Players usually demands twice my max. wage limit (1.9 million p/a)
2) Clubs ask 20 times their current value for their good youngsters.

The board gave me a transfer budget of 25 million, but can't do anything with the money except loaning players.

Any tips/suggestions are welcome

If you’re in your 5th season, then the obvious thing to do might be to look out for some quality regens. Some can be snapped up for next to nothing. Others you might have to pay a bit or a lot depends on clubs and a whole other factors. Also check for expiring contracts or free transfers. Best bet there are some quality players in that category too. Hope that helps.

then the obvious thing to do might be to look out for some quality regens. Some can be snapped up for next to nothing. Others you might have to pay a bit or a lot depends on clubs and a whole other factors. .

It is impossible to buy quality regens in FM17 from A list countries. A Serie B club is asking 80 million for there regens who has not even played a single game in the main squad. And signing veterans are tricky. I signed Jesse and Halilovic (both top earners of the squad), but they do not yield any result. (using the strikerless tactics)

You might want to consider changing your tactic to get the results you seek from these players. If you do agree to a change of tactic I suggest before the season begins to enable players to adapt to said tactic easily. If you’re in no mood to change your tactic, dedicate a day to search extensively for regens that are cheap and quality. I am highly certain you’ll find some. ✌