Problems getting wide players to perform

pyeduke

Reaction score
Is anyone having issues getting their wide players to play well?

I'm finding it really difficult to get my AMR/AML to perform. For instance I've got Adnan Januzaj in 2020 and he's averaging 6.8 playing AML. I've tried him as a winger, an IF and also an advanced playmaker but nothing seems to work.

The consequence of this is that I'm finding it difficult to score goals. I create very few chances, far fewer than I've ever experienced on FM before.

It's going to depend on the rest of the system, but no, not having any issues with getting wingers to 'perform'.

I'm with WJ on this, depends on the system. I have Depay and Reus as my wide men, Depay as AML (Inside forward (S)) and Reus as MR (Winger/Wide Midfielder (S)) and Depay top scored for me last season and is averaging around 8.0 rating whereas Reus is just a pure monster, leading the assist charts by a country mile and his avergaing rating this season (just got to january) is almost 9.0.

What is your tactic/philosophy based on? Getting the ball wide to out and out wingers and getting balls in the box? Utilizing over-lapping full-backs with your AMR/AML as IF's sitting narrow/cutting in and being a goal threat? Really depends on what you want from them.