Problems making a good tactic for Spain national team

FiReFTW

Reaction score
Hey im kinda new to football manager , but since I like national teams alot I decided to try as my first job to manage the Spanish national team , however im having huge problems...

I don't know why but my tactics just won't work good for some reason , against estonia and belgium I had less possession than they , I had like 40-45% which is ridicilous.

The Line up I made was 4-1-2-1-2

Casillas ( Goalkeeper - defend )
Pique ( Limited Def - defend )
Puyol ( Limited Def - defend )
Ramos ( Full Back - auto )
Arbeloa ( Full Back - auto )
Xabi Alonso ( Anchor man - defend )
Xavi ( CM - support )
Fabregas ( CM - support )
Iniesta ( AMC - attack )
Villa ( Poacher - attack )
Torres ( Adv Forward - attack )

With these settings

Fluid phylosophy
Attacking strategy
Short passing
More expressive creative freedome
zonal marking

I appreaciate for some tips or advices , thanks.

your center backs shouldnt be limited defenders, xabi alonso plays better as a deep lying playmaker defend, fabregas as a box to box , iniesta attacking miedfielder or trequartista(how good is he's finishing?), besides iniesta plays way better as a central miedfielder, xavi advanced playmaker. and i think that's your problem, you only have one guy defending, xabi aloso , the others only attack, try to play with marcos senna as a ball winning miedfielder

All I did was changed those jobs for the players ( the formation and everything stayed the same as the players position on the field ) and suddenly I won estonia 4:0 , interesting how such a little thing changed everything so drastically, alltho my possession was still 49% in the whole game but I had alot more shots than them.

Mind I ask how you know what job to set for a specific player so that he plays to his best potential? Is this writen in some guide or something?

Thanks in advance

try reading the tactical guide (available on the site somewhere)..helps a lot in forming the right tactic...