Problems settling in...

undertheray

Reaction score
I purchased this regen from Zaragoza in 2014 with Tottenham for £35.5m.
View attachment 61365

Unfortunately, he had some troubles getting settled in, so for the month of October I allowed him a leave of absence to return home for a while. While away he had the nerve to complain about a lack of football - when he requested to leave and I couldn't pick him if I tried!

Anyway he came back, but last about 15 days before wanting to leave again....so I granted another months leave over December. This time I set up to purchase a fellow Brazilian who had already settled in England, to try and help Diogo settle.

In January the transfer went through and Tulio de Milo arrived from Everton for £250k + clauses if he plays in the first team (which he won't).
However Diogo is still not back and once again had the nerve to complain about not getting football while he sits practically on holiday in Brazil!
I reacted angrily and told him who is boss, and he retracted the comments quick smart!

How have other people dealt with this situation? I feel he needs to be knocked back into line, as I still have hopes he will grow up and start to play quality football.

i do the same really, i try and help them by letting them go on holiday but if they come back and complain they can just go for all i care. ill just buy someone else to replace them

As for me, if a player has problems settling in, what i usually do is to just ignore it and somehow he will settle down by himself.

Yeah I think I might be trying to over-manage the situation because I want an expensive signing to be happy!

We he returns he can sort himself out, on £105,000 a week it can't be that hard to settle in.
moz-screenshot-3.png

Just give him games and he should settle in roughly a season, in my experience