cityblues

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Having now tried Pure Perfection, Goals Galore and Short & Sweet with my Malaga team, im having massive problems and was wondering if somebody could please help?

Firstly, I do not doubt that for 1 second that these tactics are not great. The screenshots on the according posts prove this.

I have tried each tactic on a new game with Malaga after about 10 games, each time have been 15th, 16th & 16th in the league. I know these tactics take time to bed in, but after ten games, being so low in the league, I then cannot reach my end of season target anyway, or would struggle because im so far behind assuming they really did pick up and quickly.

On all of these tactics, it looks like the centre mids arent closing the opposition down and are just following them and they end up sliding the ball through past one of my CB's and hit the net. This is on all three tactics, all of the time.

I have the right players in the right positions and am always getting good half-time and post-match reactions from the players (rarely do they react to a pre-match chat) so I cannot see what I am doing wrong?

I seem to score quite alot, but concede more so obviously the defence is my issue. Has anybody else had this problem? Should I try a much more cautious tactic (with the same system i.e 4-3-3) first and gradually change to one of the tactics)?

I want to actually create my own tactic in FM as I see that's where the enjoyment is. So, wanting a 4-3-3 tactics with a strong midfield 3, I created a 4-3-3 tactic with a standard back 4, (DL/ DR set as automatic), 3 BWM'ers and up top, 2 complete forwards with a poacher in the middle, using a balanced system, and everything else as default.

I seem to have stopped conceding goals, but am not creating any CCC's. I know it's because im playing quite cautiously, so keeping with the 3 BWM'ers (all are DM players - Fernando, Camacho & Toulalan), how can I improve my attacking options? Im thinking about having the 3 BWM'ers only close down in their own half (and DL/ DR whole pitch) so they dont get caught out of position, and then having them RWB?

Any ideas

Last edited:
hey mate :)

1) you need to not have 3 ball winners in the midfield, you can have two either side of an attacking type player, someone who can/will connect the forwards to the midfield, a box to box will work and still offers defensive duties!

2) I would make one of the strikers drop deep into the pocket (run from deep rarely) especially the central striker (this will have to be one of the complete forwards, someone with strength and good passing/decisions and a few other strengths) have him playing through balls all the time to your two poachers running from deep always and moving into channels

it all depends on the style of football you want to play.. I use pressing and zonal with tight marking which forces my players to rush the ball carrier but not commit and jockey the opponent! there are so many permiatations to tactics that you can integrate :) I would start off by choosing the correct tactic for your league and team, I think that will be a little too attacking, why not a 4-3-3 but with a Dm, 2 Cm's wingers and 1 striker? Cazorla playing as inside forwards cutting in playing in the striker upfront...

then think of the style you want to play, counter, possession, all out attack, narrow, wide, quick slow etc etc :)

I play possession tactics at home and counter 4-4-2 away from home :)

I make sure of passess and possession and try and shut out my opponents (even having to decrease the amount of shots I have and chances I create to ensure they dont get a chance to score)
View attachment 201968View attachment 201969View attachment 201970View attachment 201971View attachment 201972View attachment 201973

as well as then creating chances when playing against weaker opposition but sacrificing a little bit of possession in order to do so :)
View attachment 201976View attachment 201975View attachment 201974View attachment 201977

if you need any more help on your tactic, feel free to post in here mate and I will gladly try and assist you

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...n007s-tactical-discussion-help-thread-19.html