Problems with the Premier League

Morba

Reaction score
Hi guys.. Well, I have a huge problem in the Premier League: it's just impossible to win! I'm with Arsenal.. And okay, I'm not going so good in it, but take a look at this:

1st - Chelsea - 27 played - 25 won - 2 draws - 77 pts
2st - Arsenal (me) - 27 played - 16 won - 10 draws - 1 lose - 58pts

Every game I start, Manchester United or Chelsea goes into some kind of winning spree and well.. How can I possibly raise the cup like this? :eek:

And other thing, I did something stupid: I bought Tevez for 44 millions.. And I honestly think Adebayor and Carlos Vela are superior. Any ideas to help me here? He keeps on complaining that he was brought to the team under false illusions..

when i was arsenal i didnt sign any strikers so yh it was a huge mistake buying tevez for 44m all i can say is

dont play tevez and say you intend to rest him for a couple of games to stop him from moaning.

I bet your tactics are just wrong. Arsenal have bunch of young players so you should play quick attacking short passing game without time wasting, and narrow wide. With these settings Arsenal are just unbeatable. You can keep Tevez, just train him to Winger, hes doing great in this position. Or you can swap Tevez with Eduardo

Last edited:
I'll try to do that, YounG.. But it's common to Chelsea and Manchester United to go like that on the league?

I play a 4-4-2 attacking, low creativity, direct passing and normal timing. And here's my team: GK - Manuel Almunia, DC - William Gallas, Demichellis, DL/DR - Gael Glichy/Bakary Sagna, ML/MR - Van persie/Arshavin, MC - Fabregas, Pirlo, ST - Adebayor, Carlos Vela.

Gonna try what you're saying in the next few games =)

set only one type of passing for entire team is just wrong decision. you need to put short passing for your DCs, direct for WBs and Wingers, short for MCs.

put Fabregas as Playmakers (and tick "use playmaker" in team options). set Pirlo to be more defensive (mentality 7-8) and tick "hold up" and Fabregas more offensive (mentality 11-12) with normal creative freedom.

Give as much creative freedom to your wingers as you think they can handle. personaly i think you can set 17-18 for you wingers cuz they are very good.

set Adebayor as a Target Man and tick "use target man" in team options menu. give him mixed mentality (11-12 will be fine). give to Vela 15-16 mentality and drop "forward run" & "run with ball" to the max (often).

btw dont forget to drag your target man and playmaker into team settings instructions "Target Men" and "Playmaker".

hope it will help for you, keep me updated so ill be able to help you even more.

cheers

young brings up a great point, when you have a quality player like fabregas...make everything go to him...let him have as much creative freedom and select him as ur playmaker.

well that could be an option but personaly i dont like to let my team become addicted to one player only cuz whatever player he is he sometimes is on "bad day" ;)

Dont keep starting new games, sometimes it takes a couple offseasons of transfers to get the kind of players you want. You are in 2nd place, cant expect to win it every year.

Eventually these teams will choke. For example, for me Chelsea aren't even top 6 and they've sacked two managers in the last one and a half seasons. I love it.

in one of my games im in 2014 and arsenal have won the league by more than 10 points every season. with man utd always coming second, chelski have dropped down a good bit and city float around the 3-6 place

man utd and chelsea right now are tied on 79 points...they both tied and lost 1 game..( i beat utd!:))

it's quite erratic actually sometimes they can make a hundred points, another time 86 points... there's a guy in siome thread that talked about barely 80 points although it seems unlikely... guess it's true in this one you don't get to win every league and every cup, and well he's young but we still have to hear about fabregas having a 'bad' day, he can have an average day but a "bad" day I doubt. Captain Cook, Im looking forward to that game with brazil!!! good luck!!!!
Im actually taking a rest of this after being in a rampage of 55 games undefeated and still managed to finish second, loose the final of the spanish cup and loose the CL finals... those were my two only lost games of the season :) (of course I ended at one point of barcelona which makes it a little bit more frustrating)

Well, I'm getting better with what you said, YounG.. But I only played three matches, I'll keep it for some more games to have a concrete opinion!

Many thanks =D

EDIT: Well, I play most matches with this tactics, and It's going fine for my team.. But I noticed that my DC's always concece some late goal, all because of "one-twos" that my opponents do with their strikers.

Any help here?

Last edited:
Well, sorry for the double post, but just for the record: I've been following YounG's tactics, and it's working pretty well so far!

I'm first in premier, with 8 matches and 8 victories, having defeated Manchester United away and hammered Liverpool home. I bought Daniel Alves, so he's my MR, and Arshavin's in my ML. Van Persie is just backup, and I think I'll bring Robben in the january window start!

Cheers, and many thanks =D

robben (the almighty and glorious robben whow as worth evry single cent that we paid for him) in the game just does the job I think you can find better, actually srna as inger does a lot more than robben and will cost you a lot less. Actually srna is THE player to sign in this game. 20 crossing, robben 16 crossing

glad to hear that my advices helped you out, feeling pleased :-D

i have tried Marcelo as a Left Winger with closing down over 18-19 and i was so much impressed! He eliminate opponent right winger from the game, he make much dangerous crosses, he even do cut inside and score regular goals! grabbed 4 goals and 4 assists in 9 games for me, quite impressive for Winger, isnt it? just too bad he refused to learn "throw into tackle" :| however i think your new signing Daniel Alves should do the same stuff for you so pls update me how hes going