Walt1

Reaction score
h i i recently bought football manager 2011, i installed it on my laptop and started playing, how ever it didnt run very well was slow etc.

So i just went to install it on my pc which it would run fine, how ever it is saying my product key is already in use on a different account?

how do i deal with this as its the same game etc??:S

any help would be apreciated

use the same steam account and the game will already be there and you will just have to install it

you can only register the game to one steam account, and then use that account on any pc, just sign in with it and install the game from there, so if u have a different account for each computer it wont work like that.

You don't have to register it again. Once you have done it once it is forever linked with that Steam account. If you don't have the disk (ie you bought it online), then the easiest way to move it to your other PC is to use Steams backup feature (Right Click > Backup Game Files), move it across and then run the .exe. Note you cannot be logged into to a Steam account in two places, to get around this you can use offline mode with one of your PCs (Steam > Go offline).

Last edited:
Ok i shall try that thanks guys

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

will this work if i uninstalled football manager off my steam account from my lap top?@?

shouldnt matter, i have fm installed on 2pc's and i just log into my steam on whichever pc im playing on and its fine

Never had a problem with steam since i started using it. There were big problems for some with the FM09 steam launch, but no issues for me this year.

Ok i shall try that thanks guys

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

will this work if i uninstalled football manager off my steam account from my lap top?@?
Only if you use backup first. It can't backup nothing! ;)

steam is just **** tbh
That contributes to this discussion how? If you aren't going to say something useful, STFU. ;)

Steam is the best thing to happen to PC gaming in a long time, TBH. You better find a way to start liking it. There won't be boxed PC games in a few years.

Last edited:
yeh i think ive just been overly noobie and now i cant play football manager lol:O this sucks

yeh i think ive just been overly noobie and now i cant play football manager lol:O this sucks
To be clear you don't have the disk?

Then yes this is the easiest way. It is either this or download it again ;)
Use backup move the folder to you other PC using a USB drive/over Network or some other way. Then run the .exe. And it will do the rest.